Friday, August 08, 2003

This week seems to have creeped along--it seems months since I wrote a post here. After the Grampa drama I wrote about below, some dear Melin family friends (the Hites) arrived form Colorado and we all took a much-needed hike to Pine Creek Falls and shared a delicious dinner. I spent August 1st with Mom Hite--we took a digital cd to get photos printed at Costco and had a yummy lunch at Livingston's Depot cafe. Saturday was a very hot day. I spent it at a Young Women's Fundraiser car wash while Rich and his Dad went to help out some friends. These friends live far away and have a rental trailer here which was trashed and abandoned a few months ago. Rich, Dad, and a few otheres literally shoveled out old food, dishes, papers, toys, etc. scattered knee deep througout the trailer house--11 dumpsters worth! YUCK! At least my job mostly consisted of soap, water, and funny girls!

On Sunday, we finally received the rainfall we've been needing. It just let loose after church and it was so nice to take a nap to the sound of rain. I also confronted some of the issues that were bugging me back in my May 21 entry. They mostly had to do with my assignment to work with the YW at church. Mostly I guess my ideas about being an LDS teenager don't gel with the leadership or even the general culture here. After trying to adjust for 5 months, I think I might just not be the best person for the job, at least right now. So I just had to let the Bishop and some other people involved know that. It was kind of hard because I have been raised to do my best, 100%, no complaining, etc. until I am released. But I had to say something because it has really been eating me up inside and affecting my family life. I just don't feel like we are focused on our Young Women and what's best for them, so the conflict has not been good (and it's not with the girls--they're great--it's just the leadership and the culture, really).

Anywhooo--that was a weight off in some ways. Now I am just rying to get all the other facets of my life and my health back up to par. I'm trying to be more clean and organized and HAPPY. I am trying to get in better shape and have another baby at some point. I am trying to stop being so sleepy and grumpy and be a better wife and mom--to make the most important relationships in my life the best they can be.

No small task. Speaking of, it's time to get ready for our Friday night date, so more later.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...