Thursday, September 16, 2004

Here is a letter I just sent to my dear Arizona amiga...it captures lots of recent musings:

ADRIANE!! I was reading this blog and I thought of our conversation about this movie...

<...And a note on 13 Going on 30. When I said I was enjoying it, I was not being facetious in anyway. I LOVED that movie. >>
http://jorydayne.com/aevi/books/2004_07.php#000485

You have to go read this. You might get addicted. I like reading about this 20-something artist boy in Provo getting ready for a mission to Hawaii soon. He and his entries remind me so much of Kevin Bergeson and our life in Provo 14 years ago, it's almost painful. It's like a big stab in my gut that all the things from that time period (which was very bittersweet but influential) are not a part of my life at all now (well, except my Buchert friends--my second family). Kevin has died, Aaron is across the breakup abyss, and all of the art kids from BYU have scattered and gone off to lives very unlike mine, mostly. *SIGH* Sometimes it almost makes me cry that my little family will never know Kevin or Aaron or GayPaul or some of my kooky roommates from Frankenhaus...I had always planned on it.

That said, I am so glad it's all over. Life is so peaceful now, relatively, I mean. I sure don't miss the drama back when every single person in my life had a chemical imbalance. My husband could not be more centered--the most amazingly balanced man on the planet (which has somehow made me think that I can be, shall we say, a little more "mercurial" myself--kind of a new thing for this steady-loyal-same-ol'-same-ol' girl! I am trying to rein myself in and return to being Old Reliable. Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones).

Man, I am going off-----time for bed. Just remember I love you and your fabulous family (baby girls RULE!) ...

1 comment:

Brent said...

Huh? Kevin's dead? When did this happen? And lemme just say your girls are ADORABLE! Luv ya!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...