Friday, September 24, 2004

Zipadee-Ay- and Hi-Dee-Ho

I have been 33 for 10 minutes now and it feels very much like 32. But, being the Christian girl I am, 33 has always seemed like a mile-marker age for me. Christ supposedly completed his mission at 33 and I can't help thinking, "Hmmm, what have I done to change the world in 33 years?" I've actually been pondering that all week and I have come up with some really good things I have done, but also a long list of things still to be done to make a positive difference in my world.

I also started a list of 33 things--constant things-- that I am grateful for. When I finish it later today I will post it. Thanks for remembering me today, grandmas and moms and dads and friends and aunties (so far). It's been a lovely day with my girls and my brother Matt & his family. Life's too good.

More to come (it's time to read stories with Addie)...

2 comments:

Geo said...

Happy Be Day! I remember the same sort of awareness of the significance of 33 settling over me when it was my turn. I hope it's a beautiful year for you, and that next year your list of ways you've contributed to the general good will be even longer and more satisfying. You've certainly contributed to MY general good, so thanks for being born. Hey, I will have a little birthday gifite for you when you're down our way next weekend, in addition to the prize you won for guessing how many Ajax dishsoap shampoos it took to clear my (oops, I mean Zuzu's) head! (Haven't posted your great victory yet--sorry.) Hey, I sure love you.

Brent said...

Maj! Happy birfday, girl! Wee hee hee! I sure do love ya. Hope it's been a glorious day full of introspection and maybe a little bit of gluttony with the birthday cake. Love ya!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...