Thursday, October 07, 2004

On This Date in History

On October 7, 1992 at about 1 pm I entered the missionary training center (MTC) in Provo ,Utah to prepare for my mission in North Carolina.

So at this exact time (10am-ish), I was probably driving around Provo with my grandparents, being set apart by my Stake President in Orem, then eating lunch at Frontier Pies. I was wearing my black suit that made me look like a flight attendant and my hair was very much like it is now. I was nervous but so excited and the weeks and months that followed changed my life so much for the better. It's really hard to believe it's been 12 years...that means some of my Beehive girls (the class I teach at church is made up of 12-14 year-old girls) were actually born while I was a missionary. Sigh. Coincidentally, the Elders-- "boy-missionaries" who live next door, got transferred and we get Sisters--"girl-missionaries"--today. One is from Mongolia and I am so excited to learn more about her culture.

I will write about my trip to Utah last weekend as soon as I get more than 5 minutes to myself. It's all good, except that nasty tummy virus followed us down and got my sister's family sick, as well as my poor grandfather. Shucks. More later....

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...