Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Bunyantas

I forgot to post this story 2 weeks ago when it happened, but it's so funny, it must be recorded.

We left Addie to play with her friends Gracie, Kelli, and George while we went to Home Depot. When we picked her up, I asked her what she did with the kids. She said, "Well...we jumped on the beds and then we played bunyantas" [say "bun-YAWN-tuz"].

"Bunyantas? What's that?" I asked.

"It's a fun game with aminals," she answered. I thought, hmmm--is it like Jumanji or something?

"What do you do with the animals?"

"It's jumping and you hit it with a stick and it has candies inside," Addie explained animatedly.

A lightbulb! "Oh...you mean pinatas? You played with a pinata!"

"Yeah, mom! I want a bunyanta at my birthday, okay? It's for parties."

At this point I could hardly control my laughter and I promised she could have a bunyanta at her birthday. George, Kelli and Gracie have pinatas for Thanksgiving because thier family eats Mexican food for their feast--how fun is that?

Anyway--there's another Addie-ism for ya--"bunyanta."

2 comments:

Brent said...

alt+164 in ASCII makes this character: ñ

I am a nerd.

Carry on.

Jamie said...

Yes, Brent, you are a nerd, but I am so glad to know that about the "Enyay"--I couldn't figure out why word didn't have some easy button to click to make an "enyay." I will try it and I thank you for the tutorial.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...