Sunday, December 05, 2004

I Am Glad For Many Things

That's the title of a Primary song I sang with Addie earlier--and I am glad for many things today, like a breadmaker, two delightful (& I mean delightful--sparkly, cute, funny) daughters, sunshine and 40+ degree-weather, an awesome hard-working husband.

One thing I am grateful for that has really been on my mind lately is this, the 11th Article of Faith (11th of 13 statements of my LDS religious beliefs):

"We claim the privilege of worshiping the Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege--let them worship how, where, or what they may."

The world would be a beautiful place and our current conflicts would melt away if this were an article of every faith. How grateful I am for revelation! I am so looking forward to the Christmas Broadcast tonight--it's like the Christmas Kickoff!

In closing, an Addie-ism: Great Grandpa Bill gave her a recorder, which she calls her "FLOOP." Not flute--FLOOP. Also, any brass or woodwind is a floop, including ones made of cardboard giftwrap tubes.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...