Wednesday, February 23, 2005

In Honor of Abe, George, and Ronnie

As mentioned previously, we had company over the long weekend. The fun started Friday when Matt and Amie arrived with Baby Jake from Helena around noon. We hung out all afternoon waiting for Cousin Brent to arrive from Utah--Matt and Rich unloaded our sheet rock at the house while Amie and I let the kiddies nap at home. Then at 5pm, still no Brent, we went to Fiesta en Jalisco (our local yummy Mexican restaurant) for dinner. Brent caught up with us there, and afterward, we went to have a drywalling lesson from Rich. He showed us how it's done and we got the whole guest room ceiling hung (of course, it's not that hard with 4 x 12' sheet rock). We went home and got to bed so we could get up early and work hard.

Saturday we ate breakfast at mom Melin's, then worked from 10am-1pm at Dave Young's house putting up siding. Amie's sister, Jenn, joined us at about noon. After that, we started hanging drywall at our house and we girls realized that we were "extra" (there are only 2 makeshift jacks to stand on and two screw guns--with Rich, Brent, Matt, and the missionaries, there was nothing for us to do) so we went and picked up the kids and got lunch ready. Everyone ate lunch and the boys went back to work while we cleaned up and put the babies down to nap.

At 5pm, we all drove out to check out the Melin ranch and go swimming at Chico Hot Springs. Heidi and Jake LOVED the warm water and we all enjoyed melting our aches and pains away. We ate salads and pizza for dinner at the grill at Chico, then went home to watch The Notebook at Melin's (aside: I really liked that movie and I didn't think I would--I mostly love the end).

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, the evil bug went to work and I got really sick by 5 am. Everybody went to church but I stayed home. In my little moments of strength I set the table and got lunch ready (Costco Lasagna and Parisienne Salad), then went back to bed. Rich came home at noon and told me everyone had left because they didn't want my germs, which made me cry (especially when I saw all the stuff they left behind), but Cousin Brent was still here and he and Rich ate some lunch and we all had a nice nap (for a change).

At about 5pm we got up and played with the girls--I was starting to feel better. Brent had to pack up and return home--his big cowboy rental truck was due back in Utah at 8am, and Rich wanted to take me to see what they had done on the house. So we said good bye to Brent (Addie whined for him--"I want my friend Uncle Brenty to come back"--he is THE BEST with kids) and I admired my almost-finished upstairs ceiling. I also made Rich take the mug they gave me at the hospital when I had Heidi and ask the nurses to refill it with soft ice so I could rehydrate. He took it into the hospital and they obliged--afterall, we probably paid $50 for it--it should come with some refills. The ice made me feel better and I had some toast before bed. I am still recovering, but it was still a wonderful weekend and we thank everyone for their help.

PS: Happy 55th Birthday, Dad Post! Sorry your card is late!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...