Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Best Boy in the World

Last night at my brother's house in Herriman, I was laying on the queen mattress on the floor in niece Melanie's room trying to get my two darlings to sleep. Addie was playing with my wedding ring and she asked (as she always does when she notices my ring), "Hey, mom...who married you?"

"Daddy did!"

"In the temple?"

"Yes."

"And who married Daddy?"

"Me."

"Oh, I want to get married in the temple and get my ring."

"Who are you gonna marry?"

"Heidi"

"Nope, you have to marry a boy."

"Then I will marry daddy."

"Nope. I already married Daddy. You will have to find you own boy, a boy who is little right now and will grow up with you, who's your friend. When you grow up, you can marry him in the temple. Do you know a nice little boy?"

[She thought for a few seconds...] "Ummmm, no. Just Daddy. I'll have to marry Daddy. He's the best boy in the whole world."

Awww. Could that break your heart?

Addie is getting to be best pals with her cousins, especially Liam. And a few nights ago, we were singing the "Latter-Day Prophets" song to get to sleep, and we sang "David O. McKay was followed by Joseph Fielding Smith, Harold B. Lee, Spencer W. Kimball---wait! Mom! SPENCER! We said SPENCER! That's our baby boy name!" By "Our baby boy" she means my brother's baby boy, Spencer, who turned one last week. Funny girl.

We head home to Montana tomorrow, but not before tonight's big family dinner---Jill and Audrey's Lasagne Cook-off and Spencer's very belated birthday. My family rocks and I couldn't have better sibings and inlaws (or cousins, for that matter--Brenty Bobbins is here, too). It makes the first 20 years worth it!

We have had a blast but are very excited to see our daddy and start packing up our apartment for the move which will (I have faith!) come eventually! Richy-baby, here we come! Hope you got some sleep cuz the girls are back in town!

Photo travel log soon to follow.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...