Monday, May 09, 2005

Huh?

Last week flew by in a blur for me. Now that there is so much to do (that I can help with) at the new house, I am basically maintaining two homes. It's fun but exhausting. The entire main floor of the house is clean and ready for flooring (when we get the cabinets hung tonight, that is). Rich will also have to cut a bigger opening for the grate of our whole house fan--it's a tiny bit too small. The only thing major we need to do is build railings around the side and back decks and finish cleaning the basement.

Anyway, I was pretty busy when I just had this house to worry about. Now I am juggling the regular business of meals, laundry, housework, naps, and playtime/schooltime with the girls, trying to pack, clean and sort, and obsessing about what I can get done at the new house, too. I totally forgot to plan a nice Mother's Day lesson for my Beehives class on Sunday--hello!?-- so our very inspired prsident came through with a group lesson.

Mother's Day was nice for me. It began on Mother's Day Eve when I returned from working on the house for 8 hours with Rich. I showered and we had a yummy gourmet pizza with salad and watched National Treasure (which I highly recommend--I really enjoyed it since I love puzzles and free masons and American History). We made little Mother's Day cards and tied them to carnations for our neighbors (in the apartment AND the new house) and some mommy friends at church.

Sunday morning, Rich and Addie made me a delicious smoothie for breakfast with about 5 kinds of berries and bananas. They gave me a gift--nice new kitchen shears, flowers, and a cute card. We delivered our flowers and then went to church, where Addie got up in front of the congregation with all of the little kids and sang Mother's Day songs to me for the first time. She also got to say in the microphone something her mommy does to show her love. Addie said, "She gives me big hugs!" The next hour, she gave her first talk in Primary. She talked about Joseph Smith. It was really cute, and it made my Mother's Day. The Young Men gave me a little grape tomato plant for my new garden, too!

After church we had a nice pot roast dinner at Mom Melin's and Vivian Ellison (our adopted great grandma) came, too. We went home about 2:30pm, so I could collect on my best gift---a nice Sunday nap! It was sunny and breezy, so I slept with the window open and man, it was nice. I got up at 5pm and we drove out to the ranch to get our bikes and our trailer so I can start hauling junk to the thrift store.

We had a nice quiet night at home. Now the new week has begun and my to-do list is a mile long, so I will say adios now. Don't worry if you haven't heard from me--I am just knee-deep in pre-moving business here--it doesn't mean I don't love you!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...