Friday, June 24, 2005

Acclimating

I am famous for whining about the weather, but this time I am whining about the heat. Last week when we got home from Utah, it was still barely reaching 60 degrees and the girls had to wear jackets to the park. It was kind of a bummer, but I thought we were in for a warm up and we'd be enjoying a few weeks of 75 degree weather in no time.

Only a week later, Rich and I were taking the girls out to lunch and we were SO HOT! I told him to take the girls to McDonald's because they have an indoor play place and they wouldn't get all sweaty and dirty. And then we laughed and I said, "What has happened to me? It's probably 80 degrees and I am cryin' about it! I don't think I could ever live in Southern Arizona again!"

WHAT!?! Did I say...? Yep, the heat made me blaspheme the desert!

I felt a little better when I watched the news that night--it was about 102 degrees in Billings and 94 in Livingston, so that made me feel a little less whimpy. Besides, we didn't get a "run-up" the the 90's--I mean, it was cold and then it was hot. NICE... Not. And It's still dusk outside at 10pm! But not for long, since Tuesday was officially the longest day of the year.

I checked weather.com and it said that Tucson, like Billings, was 102 degrees last Tuesday. Hmm. And Livingston's average temperature for this time of year is 75 degrees, so at least there is hope that the 90's won't last too long!

And finally, there is sad, sad summer news: the city has shut down the fabulous FREE wading pool in Sacajawea Park (because there is no lifeguard--dang that liability stuff!) In like 40 years, nobody has even been hurt or drowned there, I don't get it. We are officially bummed and now we have to go buy a wading pool for our future backyard (rumor has it that we will be moving in around July 18th...I'll believe it when I see it!)

SACAJAWEA WADING POOL, R.I. P.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...