Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Home Again

Addie, Heidi and I got home from Utah on Sunday evening. The good news is that our new house has all of its flooring! Now we just need to finish the trim, get our countertops (let's hear it for Crazy Mountain Cabinetry for being our slowest subs!) and finish plumbing (faucets and toilets), fix up the yard, and pour a driveway! The OTHER good news came yesterday...Matt and Amie are expecting their second baby in February! How fun! Jakers will be a big brother. We are so excited for them because they are a super-cool family.

I am pretty busy, so I will post our pictures and stories from our trip later. Here's a closing laugh courtesy of Addie:

Rich: Why are you so grumpy tonight? (after a fit and some pouting during our Family Home Evening Ice Cream Outing last night)

Addie: [shouting] Because I am SICK of you guys!

Rich: That's too bad...[both of us supressing our laughter] we were having fun with you.

The rest of the way home Addie was talking to herself looking out the window, saying, "I'm not sick of clouds, I'm not sick of babies, I'm not sick of turtles, I'm not sick of sprinklers..." on and on and ON! I pulled my shirt over my face and laughed myself silly. She was still mad and still "sick of us," but not sick of anything else.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It is SO hard not to laugh when they do and say stuff like that. Darrin gives me the evil eye every time I lose it when Jared says something like that. So funny.

Brent said...

Holy crap, that's funny. Imagine the self-control you must have not to laugh yourselves silly when your kid (a three-year-old nonetheless?) spits something like that out. Oh, boy. That rocks.

Aim said...

Addie makes me think of a teenager stuck in a three yr olds body. that is a great little story....

matt-

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...