Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pioneer Day Campout (not!)

Sunday was Pioneer Day (in case you're not LDS, July 24th is the day the westward-migrating pioneers reached the Saly Lake valley and it's sort of a holiday for us) and it was nice to be in church with my sisters and with all my Young Women (the YW had just returned from a 37-mile trek in Wyoming, recreating the deadliest part of the pioneers' journey). Also, my neighbor and friend, Tanaka, was baptized after church. We were so happy for her--it made the day even more special. While we were at church, the boys all came home and we loaded up and went down to our ranch to camp out as families. The night before, we girls had made 25 foil dinners and planned a nice campfire with s'mores and dinners and all the kids and pioneer songs...but alas! Mother Nature conspired against us and it poured rain all evening and through the night. Jill and her kids, Dad, and my family all came back into town to sleep at home, while Willy, Sam & Matt kept their families out there and just bought dinner in town. It was fun to hang out there for a little while, even though our plans changed. And hey--I've got about 20 foil dinners in the freezer if anybody gets hungry!
Three Posties

Isabelle, Jill, Jack, & Papa Post


Dusk at the ranch--if you look closely, you can see 4 little people and one big one; that's Brent taking Ally, Melanie, Addie, and Liam on a walk to pet the horses. Ahh, Brenty Poppins, we love you!

Jake sure was glad to see his Daddy! Matt joined the backpacking trip after graduating from army jump school at Ft. Benning on Friday morning. He had been in Georgia for 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Man we are so dang cute! j/k

Jill Petersen said...

So I was just looking at the pictures of me holding Jack and I noticed my arm looks really weird and uncomfortable. I wonder why I was sitting that way! just an observation! love ya

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...