Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Funny Addie

Here is an older picture of Addie (before The Haircut)--taken in June at about 6:30am. I got home from the gym and she was awake, so we made pancakes. The one she is holding was supposed to be an "A".

Saturday night (8/6) I was having a mommy time out upstairs while Rich watched the girls downstairs--just finishing up my YW lesson for Sunday, bathing, trimming my nails, etc. Well, I was reading in the tub when Addie barged into the bathroom, breathless from runnung upstairs.

"Hi, Mama."
"Um, hi, Addie...what are you doing" (she has her arms up to the elbows in the bath water)
"Nothing (she starts taking off her pajamas)...I'm taking a bath with you."
"No, honey, you had a bath earlier and now you are supposed to be going to bed downstairs with Daddy."
"I don't like Daddy." (yeah, right--she's the biggest Daddy's girl EVER)
"Oh, really? Why?"
"Cuz he's Heidi's Daddy, too."

Uh, hello sibling rivalry! She said that totally deadpan and meant it. A minute later, Rich came in to get her and said, "That doesn't look like going potty to me!" She told him he's not her dad and he laughed and took her downstairs with out much of a fight.

Kids are hilarious. I don't know WHAT we'll do if we have a third girl. They are so competitive and emotional (but really, really cute and funny). I guess we'll just have to keep our sense of humor!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Jared said something like that, but he said it to gaby.."daddys my dad, you have your own dad." I was like..um hello. I guess a sense of humor is a GREAT thing to have....and a paddle shaped like a baseball bat...ha ha

cmhl said...

such a cute picture!! and that really does look like an A!

Brooks Brown said...

Jamie, Your Addie is so cute! Have you heard that song by Elliott Smith "Sweet Adeline"? I am sure you have since the two of us seem to existing in some strange parrallel universe. I knew you would get the Ramona Quimby reference and you did!
So are you pregnant with #3 or just thinking about it? My Mom is the oldest of three girls and I know my grandparents wanted a boy desparately, but those girls sure have taken good care of their parents.

Brooks Brown said...

Jamie,
Here is the interview. Remember to post that part at the end about how you can interview someone else. It's like a dorky chain letter, but in a good way. Okay, now for the six questions:

1. How did you and your husband wind up living in Livingston, Montana?

2. Name your top 10 favorite albums from high school (they don't have to be in order, just whatever 10 albums you think were the best)

3. What are your hopes for your daughters as they grow up?

4. How strictly do you follow the rules of Mormonism that have to do with diet? Do you drink caffeine?

5. What is your favorite John Hughes movie and why?

6. What are you currently reading?

Want me to interview you? Just follow these steps

1. Leave a comment below with the words 'Interview me right now'.
2. I will respond by asking you six questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers.
4. You will include this explanation in the same post.
5. When others ask to be interviewed, you will ask them six questions.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...