Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Stare Decisis

I am insanely busy with no time to blog, but I just wanted to say I have been listening to the confirmation hearings while I work, and I just started reading Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.'s "The Common Law," and I am (a) totally in love with our judicial system--er, on paper, anyway, and (b) totally in awe of Justice Roberts' dizzying command of the law. Would that I were so articulate--on ANY subject! No matter what your political stance, you must admit there's one brilliant legal mind. I was simply riveted to NPR coverage today. Wow. I've gotta finish my book so I can try to keep up!

PS: Click for the Word of the Day

3 comments:

cmhl said...

I totally agree-- I love reading legal-related books.. fascinating.. I love the whole process..

Jamie said...

CMHL--you have my dream job, girl! I would love to--well, not neccesarily go to law school, but know the law well enough to pass the bar, adn then settle into a "boring" corporate law job and write a scathing legal blog on the side. :) And then I woke up and found myself doing a google search for oatmeal cookie recipes for my youth group tonight while cooking applesauce and playing with my cutie girls. Ahhhhh--sing with me: to everything (turn, turn, turn)there is a season (turn, turn, turn).

Johanna Buchert Smith said...

[and now for something completely different...]
James, you went to kindergarten in Poky? You're kidding! And you have family here? And you come here!? We would love to visit when you do! (and thanks for the congrats)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...