Saturday, September 24, 2005

THIRTY FOUR

Well, it's over. The party's been had, the gifts opened, the news spread...I'm settling into 34. I took this close up to examine my face at 34, to look at wrinkles and scars. Interesting. My face is all slopey and I can still see the very first wrinkle I noticed on my 26th birthday--it's the laugh line on my left, your right. Hmm. All I can tell is everything is sagging, but it's all good. I have my health and a bun in the oven, so no complaints! Big thanks to my in-laws for such a nice evening (Cuban Barbecue)!

My sis asked about the girls' reactions to the baby news. Well, Heidi doesn't get it of course, but she is absolutely MAD about babies. Addie--well, the conversation went like this: We were sorting through my stationery, and we found a little boy's bday card with a train on it and she said, "Oh, we can save this for my baby brother!" (she has been talking about her baby brother for 10 months). I smiled and said, "Know what? There's a baby in my tummy! Maybe it will be brother!" In her cute little dramatic way she leaned over and hugged me and said, "Oh, mommy! I am so happy for the baby in your tummy! I love it! I love my baby brother!" And she keeps hugging my belly and saying, "I love my baby!" It's pretty fun. They are just the BEST kids--I am so loving them right now (maybe because they are SLEEPING ALL NIGHT IN THEIR OWN BEDS!!! Another good bday thing!)

5 comments:

Blake said...

Happy belated birthday. And you're pregnant, what a week.

Blake

Brooks Brown said...

Jamie -- CONGRATULATIONS on your bun! That is some very exciting news. What a lucky baby to be born into a family like yours with two big sisters that are going welcome him (or her) into a brand new loving home. I hope you had a great birthday. This is a present you won't soon forget.

cmhl said...

that is a teeny little line-- nothing to worry about. and I loved the reaction from your daughter, how sweet... my son was 3 when my daughter was born, and he said the whole time that it was going to be a sister, and she was going to be born on thursday at noon.. it was sweet..

~d said...

Happy, happy Birthday! and best to you and your family on the announcement of your pregnancy! ( found you thru CMHL )
I have two boys and sometimes I wish I could get preg again, but my mental health would be terribly at stake. You are young, vibrant and ready to take on the world! GO GET 'EM !!!

Jill Petersen said...

Don't fall asleep while you are reading this!... HEY, WAKE UP! Jk I hope you are doing well and I am so happy the girls are sleeping through the night in their own beds. That will make the next 7-8 months go by much better. Sleep at night is a must- and sleep in the morning, sleep in the afternoon... :)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...