Friday, October 28, 2005

Pre-Natal News

I spent 2-1/2 hours at my first pre-natal yesterday-- 3pm- 5:30pm, mostly WAITING. I got really hungry, so when I went to the lab for my blood draw at like 5:15, I fainted (just in my chair for a second). So then I had to sit there until I stopped seeing stars. Other than that, it's all good. They told me my blood pressure is a little high at 122 over 72--I thought that was good, but I guess I was wrong.

And I am measuring a little bit big, so I have an ultrasound on Monday morning to see if there is just one baby. I don't feel like it's twins, but wouldn't that be fun? The due date is still 5/27, although after delivering two babies at 38 weeks, they are guessing around May 15th. Today I am feeling less nausea but more achy--the lower back and the front of the pelvis where all those ligaments attach are giving me fits today.

Addie is also giving me fits today; she wants t go puddle jumping, so I need to go get her outfitted. Send an email or leave me a comment to cheer me up on this rainy fall day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just can't wait to see you guys after Christmas!! It looks like Kurt and I won't be leaving on our anniversary trip until New Years Day, so we will be around. I can't wait to see those darling girls and spoil them!!!
Love,
Debbie

cmhl said...

ohhh, that was too long to wait, don't you hate that? I always hated doing the glucose test as well, because
1. I always failed it, and
2. it tasted like really really concentrated tang..


FUN about possible twins! wow!!! are you going to find out the sex?

Carla said...

Hang in there, Jamie! One of the best investments I ever made, while pregnant is a support belt.

http://supports4less.com/brace-type/maternity-supports/

Of course, had I done situps at ANY point in my life my stomach muscles wouldn't be in atrophy! :) (((Big hugs)))
~Carla

Jamie said...

Deb: We are excited to see you, too! My girls will talk about visiting you for ages after we leave, I am sure!

cmhl: We will find out the gender (s) around Christmas (week 20)--I am SO not into surprises!

CJ: Thanks for the tip--I have been thinking about those belts! My trans ab is all pulled and funky, so this should be fun with the hip problem, too. And the babt is like an inch long--what a wuss.

Michelle: I am so excited to be pregnant at the same time as you! [Michelle was one of my best grade school friends--we met in grade 2] We will have to get our little munchkins together next year! Here's hoping all goes well! (I have weird thoughts about twins, too, but mostly good).

Happy Gilmores said...

2 1/2 hours ?!? Did you go to Park Clinic? If so, looks like things haven't changed much in the OB department.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...