Thursday, October 20, 2005

Steady On

"Just press the execute button"
No, I am not suicidal or anything--this is just a funny from today's engrish.com

I am not dead. It has been a crazy week. The kind where you're like totally out of gas and writing a sentence is out of the question. I am guessing I will have about 5 or 6 more weeks like this in a row until I graduate to second trimester bliss. Right now I am anemic and sporting a severely inflamed sacroilliac ligament-thingy for which I have to wear an ice pack on my left butt cheek, but only when I am standing because sitting and laying down are not good for the joint. But then standing up and moving around aren't that great for the tired anemic girl, either. And oh yeah, and remember how I always put Heidi's hair in a little ponytail on top of her head? Um, it's gone. My psycho-barber child, Addie, gave her baby sister a good chop, and took some off of her own scary recovering hair-do, too (of course pix will follow ASAP). Whatever, little freaks. So yeah, life is good.

Really, I am not complaining because (repeat after me) AT LEAST I'M NOT THROWING UP! I've been able to do lots of really good stuff, actually, including throwing a fun baby shower for my sister-in-law tonight. It was a dinner, too (yes, I am nuts) and the menu was fab. So good, in fact, I shall post the recipes when I get a chance cuz...well, just YUM! We played 2 simple games and opened gifts, then ate warm pumkin-carmel cake and said g'nite, all to the sounds of Loreena McKennit and the yummy smells of Gold Canyon Apple Spice candles and the pumkin cake baking. It was a fall-lover's paradise. Now I must sleep. Pictures coming soon...gestation is hard work.

3 comments:

Johanna Buchert Smith said...

Man, way to go! I agree, gestating is hard work the way most big changes you can't see on the outside are hard work. Post recipes soon: I want to have a fall party too. And guess what today is: our little lima bean's 14-week birthday! Regarding barbering: My friend Bernadette and I gave each other haircuts out on the porch when we were three or four, but she didn't have the fertile Buchert scalp for extruding masses and masses of hair that I have. While my mum reacted pretty much the same way as you--"whatever, your head, you live with it"--Bernadette's mum was genuinely, lingeringly angry. Bernie hadn't had a haircut since she'd been born and we took off every curl of the three inches she had.

Jamie said...

Recipes are coming soon...congratulations on your second trimester. This should be smooth sailing for a few months, plus, soon you can SEE the lima bean and it will look like a baby! Also, don't let me mislead you about my reaction to the haircuts. I wish I had been more ellen-like, but my girls' hair doesn't grow very fast either, and Sam's wedding is coming up in December. Believe me, it was not a shining motherly moment, but at least I didn't hit anyone or cuss. I told Addie to go to her bed and wait for ehr daddy (ot was 430), then i called him and told him he'd better leave the office now if he wanted Addie to live to see 4 next month. I got over it quick--they just look like orphans, but I am trying not to take it personally.

Kristin said...

Just a thought on the Sciatic problem when you are standing do some butt lifts, lifting you leg behind you in small palpatations. That always helps me and it strengthens that muscle.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...