Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back Home


Happy New Year!
We arrived home in Montana, safe and sound, about 1:30am. We spent Thursday driving from Tucson to SLC, UT (with a little 2-hour lunch at Ikea Tempe). We stayed at my brother Will's in Herriman UT and hung out with his family and my sister Jill's in Sandy, UT on Friday & Saturday. We even had a short visit with Cousin Brent and Amanda over at Jill's, too. We finally left town at 6pm and our girls crashed shortly thereafter. They slept the rest of the way home and it was a sweet trip. I watched "A Mighty Wind" on the mini DVD player and took a nap, then drove home from Whitehall, MT to Livingston. It was a nice ending to an awesome trip, and we were so happy to sleep in our own bed! Although...it sure was nice visiting our AZ family and we'll gladly sleep on the airbed anytime if it means some quality Elrey / Mayberry time!
Enjoy this fine photo of my sweet grandpa (Papa Bill to my girls) rocking Heidi to sleep. They (Papa & Heidi) had a fun time together and started a little game of making faces at eachother--it was really super cute and I could kick myself for not video taping them (and for taking so few pictures! We were really l"iving in the moment" down there and we forgot about the future family history aspect of the visit!). Thanks to everyone who made our trip so nice---the Holm Family, My sister Lisa, Sam & Kris for getting married, and Kristin's parents, Jim & Susan, for the wonderful celebration, Gram & Gramp for the bed & breakfast & company & oranges, Mom & Mark for the Christmas gifts and fun agenda, Mayberrys for hosting New Years Eve, Elreys for hosting Family Night (complete with deep fried turkey and raspberry chipotle dip, and a little sore throat homeopathy), My old and dear friend Susan for a fun kid-filled day, and to my other sibs for making the trip and hosting us on the way home. It was a busy trip but so much fun and I feel so grateful for everything and everyone we got to enjoy.

More pictures coming soon--I am trying not to get sick, so I need to rest!

2 comments:

Carla said...

K, girlfriend, next time I hear that you've passed through Salt Lake City without stopping by Casa Bybee I might have to hurt you! :)

Laura said...

I love that picture of G-pa and Heidi. I miss them so much.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...