Sunday, March 05, 2006

Idol Thoughts

Just so I don't have to comment on every show, I wanted to air my American Idol opinions now. If I have to eat my words, I will.

I chose my Top 12 a long time ago, and things seem to be going my way. I'll tell you what, though, if that Melissa girl doesn't go away this week, I might have to stop watching! Okay, so here are my 6 girls and 6 boys, divided into top and bottom three (in no particular order).

Girls Top Three:
Katharine
Lisa
Paris

Girls Bottom Three:
Kellie
Ayla
Mandisa

Boys Top Three:
Taylor
Ace
Chris

Boys Bottom Three:
Elliott
Gideon
Bucky


So Kinnik, Melissa, Kevin, and Will should be voted off this week. And let me just say that I think all of the top 12 are really super talented, but I just think as far as being POP stars, it has to be one of the top three. I really don't know if #1 will be a girl or a guy--I guess it just depends in the consistency of the performances from now on. I am secretly hoping it will be Taylor Hicks, just to make Simon mad, but it will probably be Katharine, Chris or Ace.

PS: Bucky's hometown is a town where I spent NINE months--that's HALF--of my mission. Good ol' Rockin'ham NC!

End of totally pointless pop culture commentary. :)

3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Last night I thought that Kinnik did better then Kelly and I am kinda sad because I like kelly but she's just not as good as she was in the begining. I am really not sure who's going home but I am thrilled to watch the boys tonight! I also thought that your picks are right on! It's easy to see who the good ones are- Oh, and I didn't think Ayla did so good last night either.

chrissy said...

I think you pretty much nailed it. I wouldn't change anything. I can't wait until tomorrow to see if you're right!

Jamie said...

I am SO FURIOUS that Skanky Melissa stayed in and Lovely Ayla is out. Melissa grates on my last nerve with her 50-packs-a-day voice and...please, someone get that girl some lips...she's almost lipless like Reba McIntyre! EEWWWW! And I am quite surprsied that Kevin stayed in, seein's how he's mostly a novelty act and Gedeon, while somewhat annoying (my CIL calls him "Perma-Grin"), is a talented entertainer.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...