Sunday, March 05, 2006

Postie Weekend, #2 of 3

Jake & Heidi watching "Little Einsteins"
They are stuck in the Little Einstein tractor beam!
Sam is a lovely baby.

We spent last weekend in Helena with Matt & Amie, and this weekend, they came here! They got here Friday afternoon and we just let the kids play and hung out until Rich got off work, when we went out for pizza and went swimming at Chico. I stayed dry and took care of baby Sam, who's only 10 days old! The kids got nice and tired swimming, so when we got home at 9pm, they were all sound asleep. We watched "Be Cool" and went to bed.

Saturday morning, we ate pancakes, sausage, and blueberries with apple-raspberry juice and the boys, along with my bro-in-law/mason-extraordinaire, Mike, got busy finishing the tile in our bathroom. They worked all day while we entertained the kids and watched the new "Pride and Prejudice" during nap time. At dinner time (Matt & Amie treated us all to Subway--yum!), the boys were almost finished tiling, but ended up about 3 tiles short--shucks! The tile store doesn't open until Monday and Mike can't come back until later in the week, so we are at a stand-still again. It looks really great, though, and we can work on trimming and decorating until he comes back to grout.
Later Saturday night, Matt & Amie worked on Sam's birth announcements, my in-laws brought their friends, The Egelands, over to see our new house, and we (Matt, Amie, Rich, & I) watched "Whale Rider." Matt & Amie had to leave this morning to go to their church at 1pm in Helena, and we went to our church at 10am. I led my first choir practice today and it was pretty good. I am a terrible choir director--not authoritative AT ALL, EVER, but we had lots of people there and it sounded pretty good. Next Sunday we will be in Helena again for Sam's blessing. Jill & her family, Dad Post, and Willy's family will be there, too, and Jill gets to stay for the whole week!! I am so excited! That's all the news for now. Have a happy Monday!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sammy is too cute. Your bathroom looks very very nice. Can't wait to see you guys. I love you.

Happy Gilmores said...

You're the new choir director? AWESOME!!! So who are your tenors?

Jamie said...

Oh, no...it is so NOT awesome. I totally suck at it. I don't have good ears or know much theory and I can't hear all the parts, let alone LEAD them! I told them yesterday "If you mess up and need to hear your part, raise your hand and say so, because I just don't have that great of an ear." Dan Harvey was singing tenor yesterday and trying to get the bishop a nd brother Bowden to sing with him. My basses were Brothers Blake, Jeffrey, Larson, and Dustin Harvey. I had no altos, so Angie came up and sat near me and tried to sing alto with me. I think once the ladies realize they can't hit a high E, some will go over to alto. Especially on "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"--the alto is CRAZY easy and the song is BEAUTIFUL! Now we just need a fiddler for an instrumental interlude! And an assistant director since I won't even be in town when they are supposed to sing at Stake Conference...

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...