Saturday, June 24, 2006

It's My Favorite and My Best

Between my early pregnancy sickness and my current prescription for "rest," I have watched lots of kids' TV. And the shows are pretty good, actually. Thankfully, we can tivo all the episodes of the ones we love and not watch the really annoying ones.

Of course the kids have their favorites. Heidi loves Little Einsteins, which can be annoying, but it teaches her so many cool things. My favorite episodes are "Farmer Annie" (because the pigs are so dang cute) and "Whale Tale" (because the music is beautiful). All the art and music are classics--it's like a pre-school humanities class--and I have even learned some stuff I had forgotten from college!

Addie has recently gotten into The Fairly Odd Parents which is a plain ol' silly old school cartoon, as is SpongeBob Squarepants (so, so annoying). But I can still get her to watch good shows she used to LOVE like Stanley (animals) & Charlie & Lola and the very best ever, Sesame Street.

My personal favorite is Charlie & Lola. It just cracks me up, and it's only 15 minutes long. Last summer we tivoed the C&L marathon and had like 15 episodes! I just found out that my favorite episode is a book! I'd love to read it to the girls in my best fake Brit accent (the same accent I use when I read Beatrix Potter and old Winnie the Pooh).



Even if you are not sentenced to 2-3 hours of children's TV each day, I highly recommend watching Charlie & Lola. You can even see some clips on the link above.

PS: Read here about one of the genuises of Kid TV, Josh Selig.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Jared loves Charlie and Lola. He also likes Lazy Town, Little Enstiens, Big world. I wont let him watch Fairly odd parents, Codename Kids next door, The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy or Ed, Edd and Eddie. He started doing things that were in the cartoons so I stopped letting him watch them!!! His most favorite show is The most extreme.. on animal planet.

Laura said...

opps...Einsteins

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...