Friday, June 30, 2006

Reunion Time

What a busy week! It's kickin' my tail! Monday, Rich's brother Mark arrived with his family from New Jersey for a 2-week visit (staying at the in-laws' house). Wednesday the whole family drove to Billings and met up with Rich's other brother, Jess, and his family from Minot, ND (Jess & Mark are both Air Force pilots). We went to Zoo Montana in the heat of a scorching hot day, then had a family dinner buffet at Golden Corral (Grandpa's treat), then swam for hour and hours at our hotel pool, which had a 90ft. waterslide. Believe it or not, my two girls rode the slide about a million times, some of those times ALL BY THEMSELVES! They are fearless little fishies and I was so proud of their gusto!

Sadly, the fun ended there for me, as Heidi was up sick most of the night with a croupy cough and vomiting. Rich got up at 6:30am and went to the temple with his siblings to do family baptisms, and we sisters-in-law were to follow at 9am to do an endowment session with our husbands. By that time, Heidi was feeling better, but I was throwing up, so we skipped that session. We did take our kids up to the temple to touch it an see the pretty fountains and flowers, then had lunch with all their cousins and grandparents at Wendy's (oh, and grandma bought them all toys at Walmart). We drove the two hours back to Livingston in an exhausted stupor. The kids were well and played hard with their cousins, and Rich and I struggled to keep our eyes open til bedtime (actually, Rich went to the rifle range with his brothers from 7-9pm, and I think his eyes were plenty open cuz he scored 16/25).

This morning I had an ultrasound to measure baby's growth. Everything looks good and baby is about a week ahead of dates, but legs were crossed and we couldn't identify the gender AGAIN! This tech said she would expect to see a bulge if it were a boy, even with legs crossed, but she also didn't see the "lines" that indicate a girl. So the mystery continues, although we are hoping our first glimpse of boy parts was for real! I am relieved that baby looks good...my blood pressures have been much lower this week, too, so thank heaven for that.

Today and tomorrow are sort of hang out days; my sister Jill and her kids will arrive late tonight to spend the weekend with us. Saturday is a Scout Pancake breakfast and we plan to swim with the kids, swap clothes, and CHILL! Sunday is church, of course, and the enormous Livingston Roundup Kick off Parade, followed by family dinner and lots of fireworks. Sounds fun to me!

We got some great pictures this week--when I get them downloaded, I will post them. Meanwhile--enjoy your weekend and leave a comment!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maj,
I can't tell you how much I miss you. It was so good to get to spend time with you, even though we were greatly out numbered. I love you so much. I want to be like you when I grow up!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I miss you soooo much! I think of you so often, but am so bad at keeping in touch, I know. I read your blog lots and love seeing the girls! We live vicariously through you, as a resident of Livingston, I mean. We are missing you all so much and the "Livingston" festivities this weekend. Have fun for us. Hey, will you send me or post your chicken enchilada casserole for me? I'm hungry for it! Thanks! Love you!

Jenn said...

hey girl sounds like you have been busy! I haven't seen you in forever! I am having a good time in California, but it has been so darn hot! And humid...I'm melting!! Looking forward to seeing more family over the holiday...and of course the fireworks as well. Have a great time at the pancake breakfast, sounds like fun!
See ya soon.

Brooks Brown said...

Jamie --
I am amazed and impressed with the Melin family whirlwind of summer energy. I don't know how a pregnant woman is able to perform such fetes and live to blog about it, but you should be the model for the new superhero -- Mighty Melin!
Way to go!

Brent said...

Ok, you told me to leave a comment, so here I am. Leaving. A comment.

I, too, am setting off for a family reunion. Mine's in the urban hell that is Phoenix, but at least I'll get to see loads of people I love, so the two balance each other out quite nicely. I guess.

Enjoy Melinfest '06!

Jamie said...

Mom: I love & miss you, too! I hope your big trip goes well this week! Page: Okay, you don't even KNOW how much I miss you guys! I am so glad for this blog (and Mike's) to keep us in touch. Enjoy the enchiladas! Jenn: Get yer butt home so we can hang out! ;) Miss you! Brooks: So good to hear from you! I am actually pretty amazed that I am still alive myself! My past two pregnancies were so hard, there is no way I could have done ANY of this stuff (I skpiied the two-mile family hike today, by the way, lest you think I have super powers). And yet there are women who feel even better and do even more when they are prgnant--must be nice! I chalk it up to less sickness and less heat up here in Montana--summers are so heavenly here! Brent: SO SRRY you have to go to Phoenix in the summer! Shucks! And I am sure facing family inquiring minds gets old, but you're right--time with loved ones covers a multitude of discomforts! We can't wait til you come visit us--this is THE PLACE to be, and it will feel so great after Phoenix!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...