Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Good News

Okay, I have no good news from the doctor--my regular doctor was not there and the one I saw wouldn't even check me (even thought the nurse said there was blood in my urine, which means my cervix is "doing something"), and she called another doctor and they decided to change my scheduled induction to 38-1/2 weeks since my non-stress tests have been so good. So now they set it for the 7th or 8th. Which of course made me cry like a little baby. I was so embarassed, I made Rich go pick up the girls from the sitter's house so I could come home and cry in my pillow. I always feel stupid when I cry about things that are obviously out of my control.

But I did come home to the fine news that Warren Jeffs has been arrested without incident in Nevada (read all about it here). My friend Tara is a social worker in Colorado City and has to help all those poor polygamist kids, so she was especially excited to share the news.

So I am done crying for now. I have hatched a plan to have this baby ASAP...it's all up to me and the kid now. :)

PS: CLICK HERE TO SEE THE TINY PRINCESS!!!!

4 comments:

Brent said...

Of course you cried like a baby? I don't get it. When were you supposed to get induced? Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Woo hoo!

Jamie said...

Well, today I was supposed to the doctor who told me that they were going to monitor the baby and induce me as soon as it looked big and healthy enough (usually after 37 weeks) because of my "hypertension" (delivery takes the stress of the heart, blah, blah, blah) I have not seen hide nor hair of this doctor since this conversation, but the other doctor asked me last week which day I would LIKE to have the baby and I said September 5th. So that is what I have had in my mind, really, all summer. Have a fun weekend with the fam, go have the baby. Then when I found out I was pretty much half-way there (dilated & effaced), I thought maybe they would show me some mercy today--check me and see if we couldn't speed up the process even a little bit. BUT NOOOOO! It's really not a big deal and I have insiders who know how to thin membranes and stuff, so YOU JUST WATCH ME have this baby by September 5th! Maybe I'll have it on the third and you can stop by and say hi before you head back to Utah! ;) I hear you're speaking at the baptism....Melanie is such a funny kid!!! Can't wait to see you, too! It's gonna be so FUN!

Brent said...

Ah, I see. Well, I don't blame you. I'd want to have a kid as early as healthily possible.

Yeah, Melanie is pretty funny. "Don't tell Brent he has to speak." Ha! I'm going to pretend I had no idea.

Montana, here we come!

Jill Petersen said...

Oh James, Just go see nightmary and get this over with! I really hope you can feel okay this weekend because I want to party! Or atleast lay on your bed and catch up on all the Trading Spaces and What Not To Wear!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...