Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pumpkin Obsession


The first year I lived in Provo, I lived in a new basement apartment with Jeanne & Mary. A kooky married couple with scooters and chemical imbalances and lots of cats lived upstairs. On Sunday nights we would all get together (with other friends, too) to watch In Living Color and Twin Peaks. Our refreshments invariably included Pumpkin Choclate Chip Cookies from Smith's Bakery and Pepsi to drink. That's where I fell in love with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies.

I finally found a recipe for PCC's that can take me right down memory lane. They are so good that Addie and I made 8 dozen of them and froze them for the holidays a few days ago. Because I love you I will share the recipe with you.

Mix together:
1c sugar
1c pumpkin
1/2 c oil
1 egg

Sift together and add to the above mixture:
2c flour
1/2tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon (I added a shake of nutmeg, too)
2tsp baking powder

Dissolve and add to the rest of ingredients:
1tsp baking soda
1tsp milk
1tsp vanilla
1c chocolate chips
1/2c nuts

Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees on greased cookie sheets
(do not overcook--cookies are cake-like, or as I said, "just like little muffin-tops." So Top-o-the-Muffin to ya, or in other words, Happy Thanksgiving!)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds yummy!!!!

dscokween said...

that's damn fine pie!

I mean...I totally remember the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I miss Jandy sometimes. The first time I ever met her, we were at the Palace and she body slammed me because she thought I looked at her funny. We ended up being great friends LOL.

Geo said...

I loooove pumpkin choco-chip anything. I am going to attempt to re-invent your recipe so I can eat them safely. Thanks for the jumping off point. (And I just bought pumpkin! What timing!)

Anonymous said...

I made a triple-sized batch of these yesterday, half with chocolate chips for me and half with raisin and almonds for my crunchy-granola-lovin' spouse. We'll eat what we can -- like maybe half a dozen because they are so big! -- and then swap out the rest at the R.S. cookie swap on Thursday. I will be the belle of the cookie swap! Love, Lisa

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...