Friday, December 22, 2006

Dear Little Baby Jesus in your golden fleece diapers...

To cheer ourselves up last Tuesday night we watched Talledega Nights as we went to bed, and I laughed til I cried. My favorite part was, of course, Ricky Bobby always praying to "Christmas Jesus." KILLED ME!

As you know I have a soft spot for all things southern, so this was especially funny to me. Remember last summer, CJ, when I was saying we should go see this movie to celebrate 13 years since we served in Rockingham, North Carolina as missionaries? Well, there is totally a whole race filmed at Rockingham Raceway! So fun! I am learning way more than I ever wanted to know about NASCAR between watching "Cars" and "Talladega Nights."

I have so much more to write about, but it will just have to wait. I am taking notes...so Merry Christmas if I don't get back before Monday!

PS: Here's your Christmas gift...a transcript of Ricky's prayer...

Ricky Bobby: Dear Lord baby Jesus, we thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to say thank you for my family--My two sons, Walker, and Texas Ranger, or TR as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin' wife Carley, who is a stone cold fox. Dear tiny infant Jesus...
Carley Bobby: Hey, um... you know sweetie, Jesus did grow up. You don't always have to call him baby. It's a bit odd and off puttin' to pray to a baby.
Ricky Bobby: Well look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I'm sayin grace. When you say grace, you can say it to grown up Jesus, or teenage Jesus, or bearded Jesus, or whatever you want.

But wait! MORE quotes from Ricky Bobby...

I've sent in my application to The Real World, so I'm puttin' a lotta eggs in that basket, the MTV basket. I also thought about getting a gun and becomin' a crack dealer. I wouldn't be, like, a mean crack dealer...I'd be a nice one. I'd just be like "Hey, guys, what's up? You want some crack?".

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that movie-- I'll have to rent it!



MERRY CHRISTMAS to you & your family!!!

Carla said...

I have YET to see that movie dang it! But I love watching "My name is Earl" as it reminds me of the South--particularly the small towns in NC!

Merry Christmas Postie!

chrissy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! That's my very favorite part of that movie! I need to add that one to my library...

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...