Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Deep Thoughts

I've posted some deep thoughts over on Framanisco. Have a gander and leave a comment.

And just so you're not too disappointed, here are a few Jack Handey classics (my MTC teacher used to read us a "Deep Thought" each night after class...it was fun back in 1992):

I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny.

Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.


When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

And this last one is dedicated to my pal, Al Gore, in honor of this month's Outside Magazine "Green Edition..."

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

8 comments:

Sara Hamlin said...

geez jamie,
Its early my time. When did you post this. anyways I enjoyed reading them. I love you. Miss you

Jamie said...

12:08am...that's what the time stamp says!

Anonymous said...

Here's one of my favorites:
TO ME, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" you can say, "sorry, got these sacks."

That is extra good advise if you are the RS president.

Jamie said...

Deb, I remember that one, and your comment about being RS Pres made me laugh out loud...SO TRUE, SO FUNNY! I had a nice chat with my RS President (you might know her, wink, wink) today and it reminded me how important it is to be a good visiting teacher, neighbor, and friend--I want to do my part to lighten her load, and the bishop's, and teh Stake President's, all the way up the line to Dear GBH and Christ himself. It's the small daily things that make a difference! (Are you STILL RSP?? I forgot to ask you that...omigosh if you are!)

Laura said...

Too funny, I love the bank one!!!

Kelli said...

I guess I need to get myself two sacks!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Yes, I am still the RS pres. I had a wonderful chat on the phone this morning with your RS pres. Can you believe I have had this calling for almost three years now? I guess that won't change until I get it right!! Guess I better put those "two sacks" down, or I'll be doin this forever! Ha Ha. Love ya!!

Katie said...

Of coarse you can link to me and I must say you have the three cutest, blue eyed babies! We've yet to meet James but he is so adorable.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...