Monday, April 16, 2007

I love you people, I swear...

...it's just that life has required a lot more LIVING this week than OBSERVING. I will post again soon, but for now, here's an excerpt from an email I shot off to a girlfriend while I was in the throes of The Weekend. How are all of you? Comments will be appreciated, and Michelle, if you read this, I promise to answer your email TONIGHT! Part of it (the part about wood floors) could be answered here (I love my wood laminate, but if I could have real hardwood--like walnut or something, I totally would. And a maid to clean it, while we're dreaming).

GRRRRL....so awesome to hear from you! I have had the day from HECK, and it's almost 10pm and I am still sitting here in the sweat pants and torn T-shirt I did yard work and wood hauling in this morning, if that tells you anything.

Heidi turns three tomorrow, and HOLY HANNAH, I hope the threes aren't as terrible as the two's! We have all kinds of stuff to do for church tomorrow, but I am excited to have cake and presents tomorrow after naps and watch the new Charlotte's Web with her (the DVD is one of her gifts and it is one of my all-time fave kid books). She'll have a small party/BBQ with fam & friends Monday night. I'll have to send pix of the skirts and headbands I made for the girls--they are wearing them to church tomorrow, even though they are "play skirts" (can be worn to school).

About cleaning windows--yes, I clean them every year. I usually use newspaper and windex in the inside, and then I use that Windex hose stuff on the outside. It does a pretty good job except if you have windows where your sprinklers spray and leave hard water spots. I usually go back over any bad residue with the newsaper and windex outside, too, and I even had to use a green scrubby on one basement window.

I actually have wood laminate floors, but I used to have wood and I swear by Murphy's Oil Soap and the Vileda mop that folds in half with the washable pad. I love it and I love the smell. I still use it on all my wood furniture because it works and the smell gives me happy childhood memories (I can still sing the song from the commercial if you care to hear it..."I've
been using Murphy's Oil Soap on this wood floor of mine, now the dirt is finished but the finish is fine...").

I have to get to the tub and to the bed ASAP, but I will just tell you that all the sibs are doing great, some better than ever. My sister (who was also my best pal) went to detox, rehab, and just graduate with her 90-day chip from NarcAnon. She is totally of pain killers and has fully recovered from a hysterectomy she had in January and I am really excited to see her again and have her be truly present AND pain- free for the first time in years! My crafty friend Jenn is coming with me to Utah--MORMON MECCA-- because she has never been to SLC (WTF? And she calls herself LDS!) I am excited to show her around because, frankly, Salt lake is tons-o-fun.

Keep in touch and let me know how the housekeeping goes. ...Jamie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie-this is Stephanie (Ingermanson) Lund....I HAD to write because you say "green scrubbie", which I thought was something only Ingermansons said! I lurk all the time and have posted a couple of times, but mostly days after you have, so I don't know if you see me. Hope the birthday was great and that the birthday girl decides that terrible threes are no fun! :)

Gardner Family said...

Jamie - remember me? It's "Leah the lurker". I just wanted to say that you and your family are in my prayers. I think of you all so much even though you don't know it. And in all honesty I really look up to you (even though this sounds weird since we have never met in person) I see you as the know all on Domestic Goddess life. I mean come on....I learned about getorganized.com from you! Hope you are hanging in there through all the craziness.
Thinking of you, Leah Gardner
write me ANYTIME you want. jordan1380@hotmail.com

Jamie said...

Steph, I am so glad you lurk here! someday we will actually get to chat in person again, but this is the next best thing! And all the comments on this blog come to my email inbox, so I see them all. I just can't respond as I would like! And HOORAY FOR GREEN SCRUBBIES! :) Leah, I do remember you! Thanks for the kind comments. I actually checked out your site real quick the other day when I commented at Camillle's and saw your link. I miss hearing from you through our mutual friend, so I am glad you just decided to skip the middle man (although I really miss the middle man and hope she'll be herself again soon...:( ) I WISH I were a domestic goddess. I am trying so hard to be better at my job and to love it...let us all press on! I'll email you soon.

Aim said...

.....we're baaaack! In the land of internet anyway. www.postums.blogspot.com


love
amie

cmhl said...

*ahem*

time for a new post, Miss Jamie!!


we just got done with "high school musical" here (the play that my son was in-- he was an extra, but of course we had to attend EVERY. SINGLE. PERFORMANCE.)

Anyway, I can't get the phrase "Hip hop is my passion! I want to pop and lock and break and jam!"

I'm not sure why I thought you might want to know that, but somehow I thought you might appreciate it. HA!

cmhl said...

I meant I can't get the phrase out of my HEAD! not that I don't comprehend what the phrase means.

sigh..

sigh sigh sigh.

hip hop hooray.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...