Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Last Week: Photos

Heidi had her three-year-old check up with Dr. O'Hara. The doctor complimented me profusely on my kids' development, both physical and social, and on their health. She mentioned that it looks from their records that they are only sick a couple of times a year. We discussed my awesome parenting (AHEM) and pinpointed (a) the kids' varied but mostly good whole food diet and (b) the fact that I exposed them to every possible virus/ bacteria at an early age (like when James went to church when he was 4 days old--don't worry, we left right after sacrament before anyone slobbered on him) and that I often refuse antibiotics unless there is definite evidence of infection or urgent need (otherwise we tough it out naturopathically because I'm all Andrew-Weil that way).
I suppose it also helps that I wasn't in high school whenI got pregnant and my kids never come in contact with cigarette smoke. As far as their social development--well, she hasn't seen Heidi tired and we didn't talk about those days when I have computer work to do and they watch about 3 hours of Playhouse Disney while stuffing their faces with baby carrots and Ovaltine milk. Anyway, Heidi weighs 40 pounds and is 39 inches tall, and is one smart cookie.
James likes the fish on the doctor's wall... and speaking of James, he got checked up the week before and he weighs a few ounces shy of 23 pounds and is 29-1/2 inches tall.
Here I am rocking my boy...
...and watching Heidi build a tent out of pillows on the couch.
She's a busy little stinker!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...