Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back in October: Party With Postums

Matt and Amie had Thursday, October 18th off work & school, so they cam eto Livingston to visit us!Of course we had to make out traditional trip to Chico for Pizza dinner and swimming.
At dinner, we realized the last time we had been together at Chico, I had stayed out of the water because I was sick and prego with James and I held 10-day-old baby Sam the whole time. Now Sam is almost two and James loves to float, Matt has been to Iraq and, and we just felt really grateful that things are, miraculously, "back to normal!" It's so nice to be together again!
Here's crazy Heidi jumping off the edge of hte pool...it's super steamy because the water is hot and the air is cold. MAtt is probably watching the Indians' game on the pool bar TV...
And here is Super Jake following Heidi's lead...those two little three-year-olds are like two peas in a pod! SO FUN!

Heidi, Addie, & Jacob
Matt & Amie brought muffins from Wheat Montana Bakery, so we ate them for breakfast with yogurt and juice on Friday morning. The stuffed animals also ate muffins, apparently.

After breakfast, I hid some Halloween treats and made some clues and sent the kids on a treasure hunt around our house.

Here's Uncle Matt reading one of the clues to the kids
Here we are walking to find a clue. ..

...more walking (taken by Amie)
Addie was excited to find a clue on the slide out back.
And here, Addie, Jacob and Heidi listen to Uncle Matt read the very last clue...they foudn the treasure box on the front porch and enjoyed their treats. And then the Postums had to head home to Helena. We're sooooooooo glad they came to play!




5 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I miss Chico! I can't even remember the last time I was there. Probably when Belle was 1. That's so sad! Cute pictures. Matt and Amie are always thinking of fun things to do.

shoeaddict said...

There is a campground named Chico near where I'm from that our family went to all the time when I was a child. My mom went there when she was a child, too. Great memories.

Your kids, as always, gorgeous. Great idea with the treasure hunt!

GrittyPretty said...

your beautiful kids look just like you! its very fun to find you online and read all about your life! i also checked out your side link to montana. sounds so enchanting.

Geo said...

I just did a double-take—thought your post title was "Party with Possums."

Aim said...

ahhhh! that was SUCH a fun weekend! I had a great time! Man, I have been out of the blog world for just a little while and already I'm so behind! I love ALL the pictures!

Thanks for keeping us posted!

love you

amie

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...