Thursday, November 08, 2007

November, so far

The night after Halloween, James ate some of Addie's cake walk cake, then went to his favorite special spot--the drawer under the TV in the Living Room.
Also, on the 2nd, I think, Addie got her book order books. One of them is "Puff, The Magic Dragon," which she wanted because she learned the song in music class. The book comes with a 4-song CD and the illustrations are gorgeous! The kids really love it.
And Now...a Tuesday Evening at the Melin's
Daddy is at work
Addie is at Ballet
Mommy is making dinner

Heidi is herding her bazillion animals (as usual)...

...and sometimes ACTING like her animals.

James Ole is "helping" mommy cook...
...taking a ride in his Magic Cakepan...

...He certainly motivates me to keep the floor clean!

And FINALLY...I'm BACK!
...that's right! Last night I gave a shower for my neighbor, Shauna-Anne, and it included a Soup Supper. I delegated and took it easy...I even took a NAP yesterday when Rich came home for lunch because I didn't want to wear myself out with party prep (as I am wont to do--there is always something more you can do. BUT, I am also learning that when your body says "enough" then it's enough!). But I did make Cookhouse Chili, Pumpkin cookies, Chicken Noodle Soup, and Potato-Ham Soup. The house smelled heavenly, and I think Shauna-Anne had a really good time. I felt really good about being able to do something "extra" again.
Today is our very first Parent-Teacher conference. Woo-hoo. We got a babysitter so we can celebrate! (HA). Anyway, that's the news. What's up with you?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

waitin' for my house to sell.....

Carla said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling more and more like your self! Currently I'm sick with a head & chest cold and feeling foggy, but trying to have a good perspective on life. love ya!

Jamie said...

Deb---YAY!Your husband told my husband yesterday that you had two interested buyers and expected an offer today??? How's that going? I will be so excited if you're here for Christmas--you are the Christmas Queen!

CJ: I hope you get better soon! I'm happy about getting my poop in a group, too! Love ya!

Laura said...

Just waiting to start my new job and also waiting for my body to get used to the Lexapro....I AM SO TIRED ALL THE TIME!!! Love you.

Jill Petersen said...

I hope Heidi doesn't mind getting more animals for Christmas! I am SURE she won't! If she's anything like my kids. I love that she has her litte zoo with her when she plays. So freakin cute. And James in the Drawer?- Oh, my cuteness!

WendyB said...

That drawer photo made me laugh!

9milemom said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute little dickens he is! Makes me wish for just one more...alas, I have to just enjoy sleeping through the night and helping my girls with long division.

I love how he gets "into" things. One of my girls was a nook and cranny kid too.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...