Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What the Freak?

So I got the mail as I was leaving to pickup Addie from school about 30 minutes ago. There was a stack of 10 (TEN) bills from Park Clinic. I wondered what the heck happened, so I started opening the bills. Each one had a form letter explaining that a third party company was now handling the billing and SIX of the bills were for little itemized charges LESS than $3 (like my three charges of $1.44 for my monthly blood work--apparently it costs me $1.44 per vial, and we couldn't put that on ONE piece of paper?!). WHAT THE FREAK!?!?! Each bill came on an 8.5 X 11" paper in an envelope with a window envelope inside and pre-paid first class postage. I'm willing to bet that we coulda skipped the billing on half of those and called it even! CRAZY! (and don't worry--when I took them to Rich, he'd already made out a check for the clinic--it all adds up to about $75 for Bub's broken arm/ ER visit and my Grave's maintenance, so it just LOOKED expensive).

Also, I gave myself a paper cut on one of those envelopes, then came home and started cooking Spanish Rice. I stirred in the chilies with my index finger--the one with the paper cut. AAIIIEEEEE!

All that in the past 30 minutes. That's just the kind of week it's been.

How's your week going? Happy Hump Day...


PS: Oh, I forgot to list my american Idol predictions--well, I guess they're not predictions as much as pronoucements--Jason Castro, David Archuleta, and Michael Johns are my top three favorite dudes. I also think they might be the only heteros ("not that there's anything wrong with that..."). I dont' know about the ladies--there are too many blodies this year and I can't tell them apart this early, but that Irish Carly and the little Ramiele are surely going to rock it, and don't forget that totally Mormonish girl form Mesa...I'll let you know tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'll be home tomorrow! I'm missing me saome kiddos! and that darn big guy! Anyhow....love the new profile pic!

Jill Petersen said...

I get the same stupid medical mail all the time! Usaually a packet of small ammounts we owe! Why can't they just compile it all on to one paper? How annoying! I am sorry to hear about the paper cut! I HATE them with a passion!

I am watching Idol right now. I really like the blonde Brooke White from Mesa. I think the punk chick is cool too. I haven't picked my favorite guy yet. There's still so many and I haven't learned too many names. I do hope the nerdy blonde Colton goes home tomorrow though!

Anonymous said...

...but have you seen the Mormon, I mean the "I told my mom who is REALLY Mormon that I didn't want to be Mormon anymore" on America's Next Top Model!!! Like...oh my gosh! Okay, so when the singing went sour for a few of the American Idol performers I changed the channel...and?!?

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...