Friday, July 11, 2008

Update

My poor sister.

Tuesday we decided to meet in Pocatello to swap kids--I brought Abby & Marshall (& James, to see Grandpa Jim) and Jill brought Cody & Tyler. I got a discount hotel room, and we planned to meet at my dad's around 5pm. I left home at 11:30 am to drive 275 miles; she left home at 2:30pm to drive 150 miles. Sadly, I beat her by several hours because she had TWO blowouts on the way to Poky and TWO on the way back! It was so very sad. I felt so bad for all that.

On the bright side, I had a fun (but short) visit with my Daddy, and I LOVE having Cody and Tyler here (they're my nephews, Lisa's boys, ages 15 & 13.7). Also, I got my CT scan on Monday and it must be clear because I haven't heard from Dr. Reid. And despite of a fairly stressful couple of days, I haven't had any reallybad headaches (knock on wood).

I have been pretty busy, though, and I didn't take my camera to Idaho, so I don't have any fun pix for y'all. But I've been thinking of all of you...all the cute Mayberrys and their fun Independence Day, Michael workin' hard in WA, Mama trying to feel better after her "bad week", Gram and Gramp heading back home to Tucson...and so many other friends and family. Hang in there and say howdy once in a while! ;)

Now I need to go figure out how to entertain the kids today...L8R!

PS: I made Oriental Chicken Salad (my adjustments: almond slivers, not peanute; sugar snap peas; cabbage-lettuce-spinach for greens; Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing with a dash of soy sauce as the dressing) last night and the boys ATE IT!!!! Lisa, you should be so proud!

PPS: My mama has THIS cute post on her blog, and I have to add my shout out to the Hendricks/ Johnsons. We were talking about Michelle, and my mom said, "It must be so neat to have a friend you've known since you were only seven!" and you know what? It is! Michelle became my friend when she lived down the street from me and was in my 2nd grade class. We were best pals and she used to come to Primary with me all the time. Sadly, I had to move away when I was 9, but the next year I came back and guess what? Her WHOLE FAMILY got baptized!!! Now she's a mommy of two girls and a boy, just like me. Thanks for being my friend, Michelle! I'll have to scan some of the pictures I have of us and make a post about our thirty-year friendship.

1 comment:

Geo said...

I almost don't know what to do when I come here and see no photos! But your words are like a good drink. This friend gets thirsty for Jamie!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...