Sunday, November 02, 2008

Friday Fright Night

On Halloween, James and I went to Addie's class party while Heidi had a date with Aunt Debbie. After school, all three kids got their costumes on and we went around to the bank and grocery store (where the really awesome treats are). Then we met daddy at home and had pizza for dinner (CPK Margherita, anyone? YUM), then we went to the party at church. It was a cool carnival with trick-or-treating in the halls and a spook alley put on by the teenagers (Heidi was so funny in the Spook Alley--she was totally in character as Super Girl, karate chopping the mummies and finger-shooting the ghosts--so funny).

Addie the bride
Super Heidi
Dancing Girls
Sir James
Ready to slay some dragons
***
Super Heidi, Sir James the Knight, and Addie the Princess Bride
Don't they look KOOKY in this pic?
Awesome poses, and so in-character
Sillies!
***
I started feeling super exhausted Halloween night, but I thought it was just all the activity. Sadly, I got super sick by Saturday night--my throat is swollen almost closed, and I had a terrible migraine. I got the chills and I shivered so hard that my fingers went numb--what the heck?! I took two baths last night because I couldn't get warm, and now this afternoon I am sweating BUCKETS. James also has a bad cough, so we are having a little date at Park Clinic tomorrow. I keep trying to think of the "silver lining"--at least I was able to get all my Sunday stuff prepared before I felt super bad, and at least it was time to "fall back" so Rich had some extra time to get the girls ready for church. And at least my fabulous first couselor, Debbie, who was on call at the Bozeman Hospital, did not get called in and was able to handle things in Primary. I am so grateful for her!
Oh, yeah, lots of people have asked me how Primary is going, and the answer is so far, so good. I felt I should keep the Presidency that had just been installed in June, so my dear sister-friend Debbie Holm is my first counselor (she has been President and chorister before, so she is so experienced and inspirational!). My second counselor is Bambi Prosser--she is a gorgeous woman who is also a construction worker and rancher. You gotta love that combo. And she is so sweet with the kids. I am looking forward to getting to know her better. We have great teachers and scout leaders who have been commited and reliable, which is the ultimate blessing, I think. I've just gotta keep it going, right?
I forgot how lame this time change is...it's 4:40 and dark already. SIGH...

3 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

Costumes look great. Hope you feel better. And CPK Margherita Pizza is the best! I love the thin crispy crust. I cheated on my diet a couple weeks ago because I had to have one. Thank goodness Lacey was over to help me eat it or I would have downed the whole thing. At the time I was bummed she was there to eat some, but looking back, I'm glad. lol.

Jenn said...

kids look great...sorry you are feeling crummy...I am too. I had a SUPER-DUPER migraine yesterday and am still feeling the residual this AM. Hope all goes well at the clinic.

shoeaddict said...

Love H's boots

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...