Monday, November 10, 2008

From Daddy...

On Friday, my stepmom called in tears to let me know that after a severe cold (which she believes was pneumonia), my dad is showing symptoms of ALS, especially having trouble swallowing and dropping things in his lab. Poor stepmom has a lot on her plate, too, and we are trying to find ways to ease the sorrow happening down there in Poky. Here's the latest between me and dad...


11/7/08
Daddy...
What are you doing at work!? I think you need some REST! Please keep us updated on your health! We love and miss you so much!!! Love, Jamie

***
11/10/08

Junior,
Something inside me tells me to keep moving, don’t get stoved-up. Also, daytime TV has proven to be a stimulus to go to work, since I have been unable to work on my home projects. I think I am doing quite a bit better now, but it is agonizingly slow. Also, I can’t feel sorry for myself when Becky’s mother is dying of congestive heart failure. She is suffering and is such a great lady. Becky stayed with her all last night, I’ll get an update sometime this a.m.

Hope stuff is more positive where you live. There can be no joy without opposition and a taste of sorrow.

Love Dad
***
11/10/08

Aw, Dad...I am so sorry! I talked to Becky on Friday and she was so distraught. I hope her mom doesn't have to suffer too much more. You're right--she is a wonderful lady; every encounter I have had with her has been so sweet.

And I think you're right about daytime TV, too. It's pretty obvious that the demographic is "uneducated, unemployed idiot." When I became a "stay-at-home-mom," I insisted we get the satellite. At least I could watch History channel or news while I fed and rocked my babies! ;)

In all seriousness, Dad, please let me know what your doctors are saying and how I can help you. My sisters feel the same way--we all have lots of experience after nursing mom this summer, and I speak for all three of us when I ask that we not be denied the opportunity to come and help and spend time with you if you need us.

Hang in there and listen to that "something inside"--get some rest and know we love you!

Love, junior

7 comments:

Lisa Oslin said...

Thanks Jamie,
Please keep me updated. I am always up for a quick parental nursing trip.I love you and miss you way to nuch. Lisa

shoeaddict said...

Goodness, Jamie!

I've spent SO MUCH time crying about your parents :) That's okay, though. You're a great girl. I love that you still call your father, "daddy", so do I. I've heard people tell me that it's "immature" but I don't care. I disagree.

I'll pray for your daddy and your stepmom's mom.

xo,
Kristen

Laura said...

Thanks James,
I was ok until I told Darrin about Dad and then I lost it. Keep me posted......Can you imagine if the three of us went up there at the same time....Holy crap that would be so much fun. Love you.

Kliss said...

Hey, James!
Please keep me up to date! This is the first I have heard about Uncle jim!! I can't believe it!
I wonder if Maxine has heard of anything?
Love ya!
Klissie Annie

Kliss said...

Hey, James!
Please keep me up to date! This is the first I have heard about Uncle jim!! I can't believe it!
I wonder if Maxine has heard of anything? Love ya! Klissie Annie

Happy Gilmores said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Gilmores said...

My Dad had ALS. Do you know for sure if your Dad has it?

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...