Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yummy Golden Morning Nuggets

Good Morning!
Need something to feast on? Try THIS! (excerpt:)

"The patterns used by God in creating the earth are instructive in helping us understand how to make prayer meaningful. In the third chapter of the book of Moses we learn that all things were created spiritually before they were naturally upon the earth.

'And now, behold, I say unto you, that these are the generations of the heaven and of the earth, when they were created, in the day that I, the Lord God, made the heaven and the earth,
'And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth”'(
Moses 3:4–5).

"We learn from these verses that the spiritual creation preceded the temporal creation. In a similar way, meaningful morning prayer is an important element in the spiritual creation of each day—and precedes the temporal creation or the actual execution of the day. Just as the temporal creation was linked to and a continuation of the spiritual creation, so meaningful morning and evening prayers are linked to and are a continuation of each other."

It's all about return and report. I LOVE the way Elder Bednar teaches.
Be a creator.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Jaime,
You don't know me, but I am Lacy Mayberry's sister and I sometimes blog stalk you. I really needed to read this talk today, so i just wanted to tell you thanks, and I love your blog :)

AuntieM said...

Thanks Jamie. I love Eldre Bednars way of teaching also. I just wish I would take what he teaches and internalize it. Still a lot of work for this ol girl to do. Thanks again. Auntie M

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...