Monday, December 29, 2008

Just in case you were wondering, we are indeed alive. The weather on our ride home was terrible just ahead or behind us, but it was like the parting of the Red Sea as we drove home mostly on dry ground. We are grateful for our safe arrival and your prayers on our behalf.

As I listen to my kids squealing with delight as they Wii-bowl, and the 60-mph-wind/blizzard howls outside my warm, comfy home, I reflect on the past three weeks with so much love and affection in my heart. Thanks to all the loved ones who hosted us, visited us, gifted us, or just shared hugs and chats over this holiday. We feel so very richly blessed, our greatest blessings being the relationships we share with our families and the other amazing friends God has places in our paths. Thanks for strengthening us with your love and support and making our lives so sweet in so many tiny ways. I think of the quote from Dead Poets Society..."And medicine, law, business, engineering--these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love--these are what we stay alive for."

I will post the photos and log of our adventures after I get my wee ones to sleep tominght, so check back soon...it's going to be AMAZING. XOXO

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...