Saturday, February 28, 2009

Such a Winter's Day: a photo essay

Friday, February 27th was a sunny winter day, the kind I (and skiiers) love...We did chores all morning, then left home at 1050am to pick up Addie from early release at school. This is what our house looked like as we left.
This is what our street looked like as we pulled out of our driveway.
This is what Park street looked like at about 11:30am.
I promised James he could visit the caboose today, so we trudged through the snow and climbed on the caboose at the Yellowstone Gateway museum.

James, Heidi, & Addie on the caboose.
James even liked looking at the wheels!

Addie had wild ponytails for crazy hair day at school, but she still looked sweet!
We left the caboose, got some hot cocoa, and drove down to Carter's bridge to look at the river...
This is the red house just past the bridge...it's so photogenic!
Here is the barn just past the bridge.
Carter's Bridge, at the opening of Paradise Valley
On the bridge, looking south over the Yellowstone River (YNP is over thos mountains inthe distance).
Coming back into town for lunch, we pass a little local grocery store and bank...
...and don't forget PAMIDA, Livingston's answer to Walmart, a tiny, glorified Big Lots.
Icicles on the Dairy Quessn window (Addie took this)
James & Addie in DQ ready for some hot chili and fries!
Branches outside Daddy's office
(across the street from Dairy Queen, in front of Pamida).
I-90 westbound, heading toward Bozeman
(this is the last photo I took of the day, as I was alone, heading to Belgrade to see the opthamologist--it was a good day, not just because of the gorgeous sunshine, but also because my eyes are totally healthy and NOT swollen!)

6 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

That red house and barns just across the river is probably my favorite spot. I think it would be awesome to live there. Hope all goes well for you next week!

Alana said...

I love the photos. It was cool to see where ya'll live. What a gorgeous place. I'll bet you never get sick of looking at the mountains. I love the barn picture. I love old barns and want to do a whole collection of them in my photography stuff.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the tour...I chose to stay in doors...except for having to pick up the kids...and I love that old farmhouse and barn too!

Megan said...

Thanks for the pics! It made me a little homesick.

Kristin said...

oh i love seeing these pictures. I saw my apartment i lived in while on my mission and the red barn we took christmas pictures for our families. Gosh I love and miss that place.

lizardofoz said...

am i the only one that thinks dickensheets is an awesome last name?

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...