Friday, April 24, 2009

Silver White Winters That Melt Into Springs...

When they said "Rain turning to snow" yesterday, I had no idea they meant "20-hour white out!" But just as quickly as it began, the blizzard is gone leaving a foot of snow in its wake. I braved the road to Bozeman round trip TWICE in the past 24 hours (once for Stake Auxiliary Training Meeting, once to replace the $3K battery in the Civic at the Honda dealership) and it was pretty fun, actually. This is how the pass looked out my car window this morning.
Three hours later, it was sunny and clear and snow was steaming up from the asphalt. I took a picture of one of my fave houses in Bozo.

This is the street of said house. It doesn't capture the fabuous canopy-effect of the snowy mature trees, from which blobs of soggy spring snow pelted my car for a mile.

On the way out of town, past a few open fields on Bozeman Trail, there's this great house I'd love to live in. It's only 19 miles away from Livingston...
***
So the car is fixed (on Honda's tab--thank heaven the battery broke under warranty cuz that's an expensive repair) and we had a fun time gearing up for summer fun at Target. I will never, no never, get over the awesomeness of Target. Genius on every aisle (I just noticed they are selling Boots stuff in the cosmetics section--I loved that place over in Europe--Fancy a trip to the apothecary?). Their buyers are brilliant. Daddy is taking us to dinner at Fiesta en Jalisco tonight, bless his heart. I'm too tired to cook, so it's tortilla soup and churros.




1 comment:

Jill Petersen said...

I always love the pretty pictures of MT! I am glad the snow is melting for you. I am also glad the pass wasn't too scary for you! I HATE IT forever now! he he!

When you get a chance to chat give me a call. Love ya!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...