Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sunny Tuesday & Keepin' It Real

Yesterday I spring-cleaned the fridge and restocked it with great sale stuff from Albertson's. The girls were so excited about all the fresh fruit, they ate a whole cantaloupe and some strawberries for after-school snack!
YAY! Summer fruits are on the way!
***
After work, Daddy helped Addie practice riding her bike


She obviously inherited my kinetic intelligence, but at least she is learning before she's 8!
(Discussing the braking system on the cul de sac next to our house)
***
And now for a photo essay I like to call
KEEPIN' IT REAL:
snapshots of my everyday world

There's a headless bear carrying soaps on the back of the toilet in my guest bathroom.
This is what Mr. Bear used to look like. Poor bear.
We scored a great $5 lamp for our basement family room at Walmart this weekend.
I am so cheap--there is nothing in this photo over $10 except the ottoman cubes (everything--even the frames--was a bargain, homemade, or a hand-me-down).
Guess who took the last bath in my bathroom?
Cowboys shop at Costco.

3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Addie will figure out the bike. It took Ally til she was 8, and now she loves it!

LOVE your keepin' it real pics. I might dare do that but it would be embarrassing to me I think! Great Idea though! Your so cool!

Lisa said...

I got a pink Huffy with a banana seat and flowered basket on the handlebars for my 8th birthday. My parents took me down to the elementary school parking lot to learn how to ride. I crashed, cried, and refused to get on it again. The bike hung in the garage. Two years later, I came home from school to find my little sister riding "my" bike down the sidewalk. I pitched a fit. Mom and Dad said, "If you're not going to ride it, Lori can ride it." I learned how to ride it that same day.

It's all about the motivation with me, apparently.

Jenn said...

i {heart} the bear-with-the-missing-head photo! (So who did it? Not-me or I-don't-know?)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...