Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We Survived Crafters Club!

But FIRST...the headline of the day is:
Addie got a HAIRCUT!!!
Addie's been asking for years to have her hair like mine and Heidi's (bobbed), but she also wanted ponies and braids and "princess hair" so I always talked her out of it. She finally convinced me to let her have short hair for the summer, so we went to see Kim Tubbs and both got our hair done last night for Family Night (I know, not much of a FHE with Rich and James and Heidi at the museum and me & Ad getting haircuts, but we had a fun night together).
I have been running around like crazy all morning, so my hair looks a little sad, but I caved and got blonde highlights. I was trying to be more natural, but let's face it: my natural hair now is a hideous brownish gray that is just plain sad. Depressing, even. So I will keep it lighter while I can, cuz, hey, it's sunny (my hair, the weather, AND my disposition--heh, heh)!
***
Today we made Fathers Day cards and Krispy-Treat-Ties for Crafters Club. Three of Addie's friends from school didn't come (which I was kind of glad about since I felt a tiny bit under prepared this morning), so we had a small crowd and had lots of fun. This is how Addie's Tie turned out.


Here Ad's friends Hailey, Gracie, and Kelli decorate their ties.

Haily used the "scraps" from her tie to make a treat for her mom.
We wrapped them all up in cello-bags and ribbon, and taped the cards they made to the front.

James "helped" Heidi and her friend, Ember at the table.

Hailey, Gracie, Addie and Kelli...these girls have been pals for 5 years!


We had a great time! Next club meeting, we are making patriotic stuff to wear to the parade on July 2nd. Good Times!
[[later I will post more fotos and vidoes the girls took on Addie's blog]]

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm totally stealing the cute edible tie idea for nursery crafts! Oh, and the hair is darling.

Jill Petersen said...

I am glad you got highlights. You're right about your natural hair color! No offense though! he he! Addie's hair is absolutely darling and it fits her well. Aunt Jillie loves it. You can tell her I said that!

Juliana said...

Cute cuts! She looks adorable with her short hair like her mommy!

Elizabeth said...

cute, cute hair and cute craft idea!

Audrey said...

WOW! Addie sure is looking cute, I love the new hair cut on her. It totally fits her and brings out those pretty blue eyes.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...