Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Week of Cousin Fun

It's been a long and busy week since we had our Beartooth adventure LAST Saturday! We came home so I could do Sharing Time and celebrate Father's Day with a Hawaiian dinner on Sunday, then Monday we (me & the kids) drove down to Lehi, Utah, to pick up my nieces, Ally and Belle. I was going to come home on Wednesday morning, but Tuesday night Cousin Brent's lovely lady friend, Autumn, offered to do some work on me to relieve some of the pain and inflammation I have been dealing with. So I postponed the trip home til Thursday and enjoyed some Autumntime! (she is fabulous--VIVA LA SWEETIE!) I also had fun just being with Jill and her kids at their cute new house (Drew was at Youth Conference).

The drive home with 5 kids was not bad and the kids have been pretty great. It's so nice to have built-in playdates for the girls everyday. I had a sublime moment yesterday when Heidi and Belle were playing "Cookin' Mama" on the Wii and giggling themselves silly, and Addie and Ally were having a swinging contest outside (also laughing like crazy) and James was happily playing cars upstairs by himself...happy kids, happy mama! (I know it goes both ways)

So last night we had our ward BBQ at the park, then I took the girls on the Downtown Art Walk while Rich set up our new Tent trailer (where we would have a campout in the driveway last night). Tell me these are not the cutest little cousins ever, complete with DOUBLE RAINBOW!
Heidi, Ally, Addie, and Belle on Main Street
eating frozen yogurt from Chadz Coffee Shop
Ally inside Chadz

Addie inside Chadz

Heidi inside Chadz
Belle inside Chadz
Crazy flowers (look closely) outside Pinky's Cafe

Arist at work at the Parks Reece Gallery (painting Chief Joseph).

Our new pop-up tent trailer, complete with a king bed, a queen bed, 2 twins, a potty, shower, sink, fridge, and furnace!

Today (Saturday) at the ranch where Daddy and Uncle Mike finished up the Pirate Ship treehouse!
(Belle, Ally, and Addie)

(Look how high the river is!!!! The kids were shouting "Land HO!")
Come play with us! Grandpa's vision is finally a reality and we're LOVIN' it!
(notice the garden that needs a good weeding back on the right...that's what we're doing for daily chores on Monday & Tuesday! We only did one row today)

***
That's all for now. We are having a super-fun time! We wish all our cousins on both sides could be here with us!

1 comment:

Jill Petersen said...

It's great to see the girls having so much fun with there cousins! I really miss them, but I know they are in the best hands. give them some love!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...