Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

Last night we had a special dinner and father's blessings to start the new year. Grandpa & Grandma came by to tuck the kids in and wish them luck...Heidi was sooo ready for bed!Heidi was too tired to wear her crown!
Addie wore her crown and visited with Grandma for a while.
***

Heidi woke me up at 6:45 am to help her put her fancy pink belt on her denim capri pants. She was so excited to get ready for school! She was all dressed and groomed by 7am, and then she drew a picture of Jesus watching over her and Addie (I'll have to scan it--it's so cute, and it surprised me that she veered from drawing elephants!). Addie was pretty enthusiastic this morning, too--she even had time to watch Sid the Science Kid on PBS Kids. Oh What a Beautiful Morning to start second grade!
(that's Addie walking across the playground)

Heidi the kindergartener and Addie the second- grader

Good-luck hugs between sisters
Addie shows Heidi the way

Heidi at her locker

Addie lining up for Mrs. Meador's class

Heidi got cold feet at the last minute
(I know, can you believe it? My sassy, independent little superhero?)

I held her hand and walked her into the class room
Mrs. Thumbs welcomed all the kids and tried to put them at ease...

Heidi wasn't buyin' it.
She still looked a little freaked out when we left, but I think she's going to have a great day!
James and I have lots of laundry to fold and green beans to can, so I'm outta here!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Darling pics ... but ... Mrs. THUMBS? Really?

Jenn said...

Ms Heidi looks so worried...but I'm sure she is having a great time...

Rich said...

oops! I always spell that wrong--Heidi's teacher is Mrs. Thums (no B) but it's pronounced like "tombs," so I get my wires crossed, I think! THUMBS would be hilarious, especially to kindergarteners!

Audrey said...

Wow, I can’t believe how fast they grow up. Pretty soon they will all be in school, won’t that be sad. Spencer only has 4 more months of school then he will be in first grade.

Unknown said...

They're so pretty! Heidi looked a little anxious...she will be running things on Monday! Love You!

Elizabeth said...

Darling Jamie! Cute pic of Addie holding that bag, lookin' like she's ready to bolt.
I didn't get to walk Jack to class this year. Our drop off line is so long and the parking lot is teeny! That's OK though. I can go eat lunch with he and Hannah anytime. Fun, fun, fun!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...