Monday, January 25, 2010

Back in the Day

I just looked in my archives to see what we were doing 5 years ago today...
There was THIS, and THIS. Look HERE at my baby girls 5 years ago! Awwwwww.

Anyway, just checking in after a fun weekend. I've been in the kitchen for 2 hours cleaning and cooking 3 dinners at once. I had no plans to leave the house, but I am missing a couple of ingredients and the pharmacy just called with my monthly scrip, so I guess I'll venture out in the snow and fetch me some stuff.

James is playing with a "paint" game on the other computer, and I am trying not to cry because he seems like such a big boy clicking the mouse and stuff. *Sniffle*

We're taking some cookhouse chili to Aunt Jenn today because she broke her ankle on Friday. POBRECITA! Get well soon, Jenn!

3 comments:

Aim said...

awwww! that picture is so cute. And I TOTALLY know what you mean about getting teary eyed about kids at the computer. I know that sounds so nerdy but it just makes them seem so big! They are seriously going to grow up knowing soooo much more about computers than we do.

so there are a few things I've been wanting to check out that are down your way. First is a second hand sporting goods store in Belgrade (I've been into collecting kids downhill skis if you know of any good places) and the second is the kid's chairlift over at bridger bowl. I hear it's an actual chair and not just a tow rope like our Great Divide and I'm all sorts of curious. I thought maybe I might take a day trip down your way with Sammy and say hi sometime next week, if the snow lets up. But I think Matt might kill me if I get to see the Melins and he doesn't. Not to mention one unhappy little Jakers as well. humm.... he has this weekend off. Maybeeee... What are you guys up to this weekend? Love ya!

ps- I'm learning how to make butter out of that back to the basics book you got us for christmas. Love that book!

Aim said...

I just googled that reef place and...wow! It looks amazing! What a great reward to work up to!

I don't think that Matt is going to be up for traveling all the way to Billings but who knows, the man always surprises me! He gets home in a few hours. I'll run it all by him and see what he says.

Even if he isn't, Sammy and I will still try and plan some sort of play date next week. We just won't tell Jake and Heidi about it. hahaha!

Aim said...

Awww, now I feel bad! Matt said that he isn't up for being in the car for an extended amount of time this weekend . I guess i would feel that way too if my job was driving in the car all day long. I forgot about that. Plus it's still snowing here today so I don't know what the roads will hold. :( Oh well, thats just one of the perks of living over the river and through the woods, we'll make sure we come soon.

thanks again for the invite! I hope you have a marvelous time!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...