Friday, March 19, 2010

Today, so far: a photo essay

We finally had our first real spring snow last night, and to be honest, I am glad to see the snow. I am in the mood to be cozy just a little longer (maybe because I have some sewing and a great book to finish). I like to call this photo "Wishful Thinking." I had Rich put our adirondack chairs out this week because DST gave me some after-dinner vitamin-D time (to read and watch the sunset). This morning they are dusted with snow!
Last week I made a mental note to take down the snowman window clings and clean the windows to let the sun shine in...looks like I've got a little more time for that!
This is just a shot down the street from the driveway, looking SE. You'll notice the peaks are shrouded in clouds and fog.
From the walkway, this is what the tulips look like today.

And finally, this is our living room table, featuring our brand-new Ensign magazine, which I will be reading today instead of doing yard work! ;)
***
Our thoughts and prayers are still will Nana and Carrie today, hoping the best for both of them. Nana/ my mom's surgery went well yesterday and as of 10:15am, all is well...she just needs to SLEEP (so don't call her today). Her white cell counts were good, her red cells count dropped slightly from 32 to 25, but they are hoping that will get better as she heals (the goal is a count of 35 or higher). No updates on Carrie yet, but our whole ward family is hopin' & prayin'!
It's time for me to go do some Z-sounds with my little pre-schoolers (they are playing Seasme Street online games on pbskids-dot-org right next to me and it's so very cute!).
James and Ashley playing "Diego in the jungle" (that's a quote).

1 comment:

Jill Petersen said...

We have had such nice weather here, I don't think I would be so excited about snow. It does make you feel cozy- but I love sitting in the sunshine! Not discounting how much you love it too! :)

ps. Love your chairs.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...