Friday, April 16, 2010

Some Links For You

My mission bro, Randall, posted this link about our mission president last month (here's another one). I have renewed gratitude for President Hickman, not just for taming me in the mission field, but also for inventing catheters and pioneering dialysis machines and things that are keeping my loved ones alive right this minute. He is a great man. A tiny, great man.

Also, my family fell asleep early last night which left me with some time for catching up on conference (watching it on DVR is my personal study time this week) and blogs. My dear Kacy Faulconer (yes, the one who was quoted in the Ensign article about blogging last fall) had me laughing so hard, I produced tears. Actual tears. I enthusiastically recommend her whole blog, but her new series called "Obvious Tips for Not-Very-Good-Homemakers" will SLAY you. Click HERE for part one and HERE for part two, and wait with baited breath for part three. Remember to leave your own tips. The image of Kacy in PJs at 10:30am eating Flamin' Hot Cheetos will delight me for days.

And even though I am feeling a little tired of commercial blogs (because let's face it, much of the realness evaporates in the glow of all that compensation), it's MAN WEEK over at cjane and there are some really great posts there. I hope all of you will click over and read what the menfolk have had to say all week, but I am begging my brothers/brothers-in-law to do so. Also, my amiga Stephanie Ingermanson "FINGER CHUCK" Lund has been on a roll at her blog and you will not be disappointed if you click over and catch up.

And now, adieu. I have a few more yearbook pages to make.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting that Jamie! I still chuckle when I think back to being at Duke hospital and having President Hickman come, open up the charts and see how people were doing. When nurses asked who he was they always backed away in reverence awe.

Stephanie :) said...

Thanks for the shout out, lady! I am in love with many of the same blogs you mentioned (other than my own). I think I found most of them because of you.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...