Tuesday, September 07, 2010

James Again

Tonight while saying prayers, Rich was helping James choose his words. He said, "Please bless and comfort Grandma Lyn," so James said that and added, "and don't forget Papa Bill, Dad. Bless we can dig a hole to put him in the ground so Jesus can come and make him alive again and he will feel better..."

Does that not slay you? Can you tell what we have been talking about? Earlier I was looking some things up in Logan on google earth. He asked me why I was looking at "that park," I explained that it was the cemetery where our bodies wait in the ground until Jesus sends our spirits back and we are resurrected. I think his prayer was extracted from that conversation, but I am afraid he is expecting Jesus to show up in Logan on Tuesday (wouldn't THAT be fun!?). We'll have to have another talk tomorrow so his little heart doesn't get broken!

Here is a thought from Brigham Young:
"I can say with regard to parting with our friends, and going ourselves, that I have been near enough to understand eternity so that I have had to exercise a great deal more faith to desire to live than I ever exercised in my whole life to live. The brightness and glory of the next apartment is inexpressible...to the relatives and friends of the deceased, dry up your tears, live your religion...and try to fill up the measure of your creation in usefulness."
--Journal of Discourses (click here to read the rest)
[and yes, "usefulness" reminds me of reading Thomas the Train stories to James--"We are Really Useful Engines!"]

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...