Saturday, December 18, 2010

Merry & Bright

Last night (Friday) the kids had a Primary Christmas Party at the church. They sang some songs then went to their rotating "centers" where they learned more about Jesus' life and birth.

Here are Rosalie, Ashley and James at the little center where Addie and her friend Sarah (left) taught the younger kids about Jesus' baptism.
(It's so cute when Addie gets to be one of the big girls.)

Heidi with Kinley. They have the exact same birthday!
***
While the kids were at teh activity, Richard and I got a redbox movie and some gingerbread graham crackers (yes, they make those adn they are GOOD) for gingerbread houses. When we came back to the church, it was softly snowing adn there wer five deer munching on the grass and trees at the church. It was so beautiful! We sat adn watched them for about 10 minutes until we had to go in and get the kids.
***
Tonight (Saturday) We made gingerbread houses with the kids after dinner.
I helped James make his house.
The Mess.
Addie & her house

Focus!
James' & my finished house.

(again)

Addie with her house

...and the tree in the back yard

Heidi with the best daddy in the world.

James & his house.

Heidi & her house.

Heidi's house.

Addie & me.
***
And now, dear readers, I give you what may be my favorite piece of Heidi's artwork EVER...
...aren't you excited????
here it is:


Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie :) said...

After seeing Heidi's great art abilities displayed by her gingerbread house, I was totally not anticipating the devil. It is hilarious!

Jenn said...

I want a copy for my Craft Room door!! Too darn cute! I love it!

Aim said...

hahahaha! That little bit of artwork reminds me of Jake. A few weeks ago in sunday school the teacher passed out pictures for them to color of kids sitting reverently with their arms folded in sacrament. Jake drew horns on all the kids. Late he explained to me that they looked like they were behaving but really they wanted to be running around. haha

Can't wait for that ultrasound!!

Lisa said...

Addie looks like an angel in that "focus" picture. Look at that perfect skin! Heidi's picture evokes the current "Angry Birds" zeitgeist. (I wish I'd taken an art appreciation class so I could some up with more artsy ways of critiquing this obviously magnificent piece of work.)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...