Monday, February 07, 2011

A Crash Course in Drama

Our winter months are usually pretty ho-hum, low-key and inert by design. I kind of like hibernating and watching winter through the window (and there is a lot of "winter" this year! Holy cow, it's snowing AGAIN! it's like all the snow of all my 8 winters here COMBINED!). But some how life got kinda busy these months--we're breaking with tradition doing lots of new things this winter. Here's an update:

Last week at the girls' school they held drama workshops with the local theatre company. The week culminated Friday afternoon in auditions for a production of Peter Pan. I didn't think the girls would want to try out again (they didn't get parts in Alice in Wonderland last year), but they stuck it out. Heidi--our very own drama queen--didn't get a part this time, but Addie was cast as a mermaid. If you're local, please plan to come cheer her on this weekend, and support the PTO!




So all this week the kids are rehearsing for the play, and then they do three shows over the weekend. That's going to be a marathon. Before we knew we'd be doing the play this week, the girls and I thought it would be fun to have a little Valentines Party. These are the invitations we made (and of course the girls have to be different from eachother, so Addie had 5 blue invitations and Heidi had 5 white invitations)...





Also, I don't think I mentioned her that while I was in Arizona, Heidi lost both of her front teeth AND started Tae Kwon Do classes.

That's the first tooth lost...she lost the other one (on the left) the next day. I need to take a picture of her missing her 2 front teeth cuz it's priceless.
Here she is in her uniform at Tae Kwon Do

She goes to class on Monday & Tuesday nights. She's loving it!


Most of the kids are 5-6, she is almost 7 and much taller.

***

James decided today that he wants a Valentines Party, too, so we are inviting "his girls" (Ashley and Lydia, and Lydia's little sister Suzy) over for lunch on Friday. It will also count for visiting teaching, so yay. Also, today Rich twisted his ankle in the snow and thought he may have broken it. He spent the morning at the orthopedic clinic to learn that it's a gnarley sprain. He's laid up with ibuprofen & is trying to take a nap (he deserves it after working at the ranch every morning from 5am-7am!). So much for hibernating, huh?

2 comments:

Strupp Family said...

Oh good, I'm glad it's not broken. Although I hear it's worse to sprain it--or at least it hurts worse. Tell him good luck :) Let me know if you guys need anything! Thank you so much for watching Jason. I owe you!

Jill Petersen said...

Sorry for Rich! Hope he feels better soon. I wish I could be up there to see Addie's performance! Also Heidi in that suit is so cute I can hardly stand it! Jack has one for Karate.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...