Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shower the People You Love with Love...

Yesterday morning, the girls and I got dressed and went over to the Strupp's house (and Addie took ALL but 2 of these pictures). Kim hosted a dual-baby shower for me and Bambi P. (who is expecting a baby girl in the next 2 weeks). It was a lovely morning!
The food was delicious...

...YUM!!!

Bambi & Me on our thrones.
(Bambi is so adorable, I cannot WAIT to see this baby girl because she is going to be so beautiful!)

Addie & Heidi playing the candy-bar-memory game

Terry Carter made this fun game
(L-R: Erin, Deanne, Terry, and Helen)

More guests playing the game
(L-R: Robyn, Debbie & Addie, Wendy, Jen, Rosalie-my MIL, Angie-my SIL, and Kim holding Porter Tyner)
(I didn't get a shot of our co-hostess, Jessi Tyner, nor my friend, Andrea)
Heidi made a match and won a prize--a Take Five candy bar!

reading a card from Helen Sims

Yay, a tiny bath set!

Bambi and I opening our awesome handmade afghans from Jessi Tyner

another Jen Claar original for my collection
(she's making a tiny scrap book for me, too!)

Helen and Bambi admiring sweet little swaddling blankets made by Terry Carter.

More great Baby basics from the Tyner ladies

Jessi also made us these amazing diaper cakes!
On each layer, tucked inside the ribbon were fun little mommy treats, perfect to stash in our hospital bags (like gum, lotion, chapstick, granola bars, chocolate, etc.)

More adorable onesies from Kim
(she really outdid herself!)
***
We had such a good time with all our sister-friends and we are so grateful for all the supplies we received for the baby! After Rich got home from working at the ranch yesterday, he helped me unload all the booty and we got it all organized and put away. Now all we have to do is grow this baby for 7 more weeks and we're all set! Thanks again to Kim and Jessi and all our generous guests! It's not often a lady has such a nice party for her 4th baby.

6 comments:

Strupp Family said...

Ah, thanks!! Plus, you definitely needed a baby shower because it's like having a first all over again (seeing as how you got rid of all your baby stuff :) ) So I hope you got some things you need. I should've made everyone pool their money for a crib or something. Or if you want ours--Jason is almost out. It's only an eight year old death trap...REALLY unstable. But it's all yours if you want it. :)

Jamie said...

We still have a crib and high chair, thank heaven, and my SIL gave us a little swing. The only "big thing" I don't have but want is a bumbo chair, but that's just a want we can get later. Thanks again for everything, Kim!

Rich said...

Yeah thanks Kim you are the greatest! Lifesaver everyday for our family!!

Jill Petersen said...

Your friends are so great! I love the diaper cake idea. Might have to do that for Amy's shower.

Anonymous said...

love ya' mom!

Cannwin said...

Look at all those wonderful people! Hi Terri!! Hi Robyn!! Hello everyone!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...