Sunday, May 29, 2011

What a GREAT Week

I will admit to being in a post-partum coma most of last week, but once Niles adjusted to life at home and started getting enough to eat, things settled down a bit and we're all a bit more sane today.




Much of the credit for the week being so pleasant goes to my amazing SIL, Amie, who made a special trip from Helena- handbasket with her three delightful children to help me. She brought 4 wonderful meals, lots of activities, and two very helpful hands. She took the kids to play and let me take long naps, she matched my socks, folded laundry, cleaned my kitchen and made sure I was hydrated and rested. She was AMAZING and I am so grateful for her thoughtfulness!


It reminds me of THIS [click]. Amie, Thanks for being my "Suze". You are one of the most empathetic, thoughtful people I know.




Anyway, so Amie got here Wednesday morning just as I was heading out to James' preschool graduation, so we got to surprise him with his favorite cousins Jake and Sam at his graduation party. Here are some pictures of the cute little ceremony...


James singing in his program
cute li'l midgets!








There's my graduate with his diploma



James & his best girl, Ashley...headed to kindergarten next year!


***


My mom arrived Thursday afternoon with my siblings Abby, Marshall, Michael, SIL Amber, and niece Ally. Nana has taken lots of cute pix of Niles...


Niles



My beautiful niece, Emily



Sleepy Boy



Niles & Nana



No More Paparazzi!




James eating Veggie Booty



Niles with Aunt Abby


Aunt Amber swinging James on Saturday in a break from the rain.


***


Niles and I are both feeling better and getting lots of stuff done. Friday we worked all day at the ranch unpackaging dishes & silverware (and washing & putting it away) and making beds and filling bookshelves. On Saturday I planted flowers and weeded and hosed down out backyard (wishful thinking on Memorial Day weekend...it was sunny for a few hours and I thought maybe we'd have a barbecue and enjoy the lovely backyard this weekend, but no...it was sleeting again today). We went to church today and I went to Primary for the first time as 2nd counselor. I wasn't much help, but it was fun to back in there with the wild kids and our fun new presidency and music people. I am so excited that mi amiga, "Aunt Jen" is coming to Primary with me and serving as the Activity Days leader because (a) Activity Days is one of my responsibilities and I know she will ROCK it, and (b) it fun to have her around! YAY!




So all is well with us. Mom is here until tomorrow night, and then she will go to Helena for a day or two before heading back to Utah. Then it will be just us six for a while...praying for summer to arrive!

2 comments:

AuntieM said...

so glad that you had help. so happy that your mom felt like coming. sending lots of hugs and kisses form Ukraine. Congrats to James. Way to go Bubba.

Aim said...

hold on....I'm gettn all teary eyed here....can't see the screen. Why you want to make me get all emotional?

I feel so humbled now and wish I could have done more. I was so grateful to be able to come and visit you and your wonderful family Jaim. You are like a shinning light in my life which brings me a great deal of hope and peace much of the time. Nyles is just about the tiniest thing I've ever seen! I can't wait to watch him grow up strong and happy just like his big brother and sisters.

Thank you for always being so willing to house me and my ruffians. I know it can make your life a little crazy to have us all there. Don't forget we have our own little police hotel over here now too with lots of soft beds and space if you ever feel like taking an extended vacation! Otherwise, I'm only a few hours away and I'd be happy to zoom over any time you need. Love you Jamie.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...